We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

Hello all,

Due to the current situation in Bangkok we have decided to change destination (were there in 2008 when the airports were blocked and don't want to chance it again) and are now trying to decide on where to go around Cebu.

Are leaving in 3 weeks, and hence desperately need help with our itinerary!

We have 16 days, are looking for quiet, white sand beaches with some activities/surrounding places to visit, and don’t dive. Would like to spend 3, 4 nights at each place without spending too much time in transportation and end up exhausted at the end of our holiday!

Here’s what we are considering:

Since our flight arrives at around 17:00, we plan to spend a day or two in Cebu City before heading out.

Malapascua, Bangtayan or Moalboal; then Bohol and then Dumaguete or Siquijor before going back to Cebu City/Airport

Should we go to Malapascua, Bantayan or Moalboal?

At first I was thinking of Moalboal because it’s closer to the hop off point to Bohol but have read there’re no ‘real beaches” there and it’s also crowded.

That leaves Malapascua and Bantayan….Which one would better fit what we looking for?

Also, would it be feasible to go from either point to Bohol/Tabiglaran all in the same day without too much hassle?

Should we opt for Siquijor or Dumaguete?

I am reading the LP guidebook, but non conclusive, so far….!

Also, is there a left luggage facility at the airport or a bus station?

If so, does any one know the cost?

Will it be very rainy at those places in May?

Thank you very much for your help and of course we welcome all suggestions!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,608 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

Of Malapascua, Bantayan or Moalboal, my choice would be Malapascua. It can be done, however, it would not be easy to travel from Malapascua to Bohol all in one day. My worst case trip from Malapascua to Cebu City was a bit over 6 hours and I have heard of some one who took 7 hours.

Out of Siquijor or Dumaguete, my preference would be Siquijor.

The trouble with the Lonely Planet is that it is out of date before it hits the book stores. Also, for places I know well, the Lonely Planet has not only been out of date but misleading and some times flat out wrong.

No idea about left luggage at the airport. I am confident there will be no left luggage service at the bus terminals.

When in Cebu City, I stay at the Cebu Century Hotel. They are happy to store my luggage while I am away travelling. Maybe you could ask your hotel where you are staying.

May is one of the hottest months of the year. I am pretty sure i have gone all through May in some previous years without rain at all. This year may be one of those years.

Regards; Jim

France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

Thank you Jim for your help.

I had thought about leaving Malapascua early like at around 7 AM or 8AM, but then again there may not be a bus yet from Maya back to Cebu?

Perhaps we should plan to spend a night in Cebu City, just to be on the safe side?

Regards,

Rieu

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

All the places you mentioned are great. Also you might want to consider if you are staying in Cebu City, to go to Mactan Island for a day or evening. They are many great things to experience there. Lot of resorts in which you can do a day pass. The beaches are small but very nice.. They are also other great things to do there.. You can check it out here at.

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g667507-Mactan_Islan…

You can also see things about Mactan Island here...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294245-i3256-k351…

Edited: 15 April 2010, 16:09
France
Level Contributor
208 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

cebuexpat,

Thanks for the links.

Yes, we shall stay in Cebu City/McTan for a few days to visit and also to do some shopping.

I did some good shopping when in Manila years ago, so I guess I can find some thing interesting to buy at those two of the world largest shopping malls!

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

You may also visit here www.cebutourguide.com/tour_activities.htm for some activities to do while you are in Cebu / Mactan.

Have a Great Day!

6. Re: Last Minute trip, Please help with itinerary!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 05:17