We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nalusuan - need info please

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Nalusuan - need info please

Hi there,

I am looking into going to the Cebu area in October and would like somewhere peaceful to stay for about 5 days and have found a place called Nalusuan Island Resort which looks lovely with the cottages being on stilts over the water.

This is just the sort of thing I am looking for but I can't seem to find many reviews on it.

So please could anyone tell me if this place is nice? Are the rooms clean and ok? Is the food in the restaurant and the service ok?

Anyone's opinion would be great or any other suggestions of places similar that we could stay instead would be appreciated. We just want to relax, swim and snorkel. (It is just my husband and I.)

Many thanks.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nalusuan - need info please

I have never stayed on the island so i cant help you much with that. I can give you some advice and opinions from my experience here.

I know that Nalusuan is a remote island. Not very large. Know for island hopping tours. Alot of the island hopping tours visit this island. Its not know as one of the nicer islands in the island circuit around Mactan Island.

Its about one hour from Mactan Island so once you are there, if you plan to do anything much off the island, expect to have a 1 hour boat ride to get to some type modern conveniences. Its a private owned island.....

It also has been established as a marine sanctuary. Other island in this island chain consist of Pandanon, Caohagan, and Hilutungan. They all offer different things. Not for sure about accomidations on some of those.

Mactan Island is also great island close to Cebu City.... I have not heard anyone who has stayed on Nalusuan. I been here long time and have not heard anyone who has stayed there... Hopefully someone else can help on that...

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nalusuan - need info please

Nalusuan Island is indeed very nice and enchanting to look at specially from brochures and other marketing flyers. It is really good for marine life if you are into water sports and snorkeling. I think "The Jungle " already mention enough about the distance and vicinity islands / islets.

I can only tell you one thing for sure that if you plan of staying this island, you should expect to depend everything at the resort restaurant, like, foods, drinks, and others. Also expect an irregular prices like coke in can, it cost about 100 pesos while off-the island you can only buy it about 23 pesos. OR otherwise you go panic grocery buying and bring it to the island. You might be ready for possible corkage surcharge as well.

The island also looks great during High - Tide, swimming is so much fun, BUT during Low - Tide, all you can see is a wide shoreline with a very few white sands which is also fun walking along the beach.

3. Re: Nalusuan - need info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2010, 05:17