We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu island hopping prices

Vancouver
6 posts
Save Topic
Cebu island hopping prices

My friends and I want to explore 3 islands (Nalusuan, Caohagan and Pandanon) during our trip to Cebu but we have had trouble finding info on the packages being offered out there.

We only found details from emailing Scotty’s Action Sports which quoted us $4000php/person for an island hopping package that includes the 3 islands we have in mind.

Is this price within the 'normal range' that we should expect or are we quoted more than usual? Because $4000php/person is somewhat over our budget and we are wondering what other options we have. Thanks

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

That is a little on the expensive side. You also want to check out the reviews for the vendor you mentioned.

Some other options for you is to check here

cebutourguide.com/Tours/HTML/islandpicnic.htm

Prices will greatly vary according to how many are in your group. The larger the group the cheaper the price. I think you should be able to find those islands for P 2500 to P 3500. They are many island hopping tour sites available. Prices sometime vary alot according to time of year, how busy it is.

If the above link does not help you, contact me. They are many here who does island hopping, but dont have websites.

Vancouver
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

It is indeed a challenge to find relevant websites and contacts. So thank you for the information! I will definitely look into the websites you've suggested.

I should add that my party will be a group of 3-4 adults. And We are planning to go in mid-June (around June 17-19). I'm not really sure if that's a busy time.

Oslo
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

4000 each is way too much. If you want an organized trip, try http://www.islandsbanca.com. I've used them on two occasions, and it's convenient and hasslefree. Three persons including a good seafood lunch maybe around 7000. They have comfy bean bags and a nice deck, and snorkelling equipment for rent.

Nalusuan is very nice for snorkelling, while Pandanon is really not much more than sand and a place to relax with some beach huts. Nalusuan does not really have the typical sandy beachFRONT, although there is sandy bottom on the other side of the island and it's nice to swim there.

The third island I haven't been to. I would skip Pandanon unless you have no other beaches on your travel plan.

You will have two lunch options, I recommend to add a little more for the seafood buffet(on a floating restaurant). The other lunch is just lukewarm chicken tighs and hanging rice.

Another option, and cheaper - is to go to the pier near Hilton and negotiate yourself. You should be able to get trip for 2500-3000 peso alltogether, but the boats are not as nice as Island Banca. Then you also will have to bring your own food and drinks.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

If you can get around 7000 for 2persons with Nalusuan, Caohagan and Pandanon, I would say that is such a very good price you can ever find.

You might want to check if it includes the following:

1.) Pick up from your hotel and drop you back off again after the tour.

2.) Is it private motorized boat ride or you will be mix with other tour group.

3.) What kind of lunch, Seafood BB or just plain pork BBQ

4.) Is life vest / jacket and snorkeling sets included? ( only if you need snorkel sets or life jackets)

5.) Island entrance fees to the 3 islands.

6.) Small canoe rental during low tide. Sometimes during low tide, the motorized boat will dock from afar, you need to walk in knee deep water or ride a small canoe to get to the big boat.

7.) Is Use of Towel included? only if you do not have towel.

8.) Is there a company staff will assist you during the tour other than boatmen?

Some companies already include all of the mention above that is why you also think that price quite expensive and you pay fix price ( No hidden Charges. If you really want a hassle free tour activity, An organized tours still the best, all you have to do is just enjoy your tour with out worrying how much is the charges here.. there....and so on....

But..., if you want to explore things on your own way, that is also good. There are only 2 things will happen, You get rip off or you can save a little. Always remember, you are a tourist, if you go by yourself, expect vendors everywhere....

Take extra care and Enjoy!

Edited: 28 April 2010, 07:16
5. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 17:58
Edited: 25 February 2015, 17:58
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,667 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

This was a blog previously posted:

…blogspot.com/2010/…bathing-with-angels.html

PHP2500 for up to 6persons.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,847 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

I though I'm good at bargaining. We paid 3,000 pesos for the whole outrigger boat. Anyway, the price we paid was worth every penny because of the hospitality and service we received from the 2 boatmen.

8. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,667 posts
1,577 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cebu island hopping prices

Self promotion is prohibited and this post will be removed. I would be reluctant to use the services of someone who breaches T/A rules rather than client referrals.

Tommo

10. Re: Cebu island hopping prices