We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

phil
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

hello, I am looking for apartment or house around ayala or cebu, city for long term lease with minimum of 1 year.

1 or 2 bedroom , fully furnished with western standards.

rent start around mid of july with the budget of 25k-35k a month.

please leave your message or contact email.

thank you

have a nice day!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

Many places will suit you but one that I know of because a friend was living there is East Aurora Tower. It is not far from Ayala Mall. Google it for more info.

Regards: Jim

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

thanks Jim for this info, East Aurora towers apartments, are they fully furnished?

Oslo
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

East Aurora Tower is not an apartment hotel, they are private - some may be furnished, others not.

I recommend you contact Sarrosa Hotel, that's in the same street only 100 meters away. They charge 22K for a 1BR and 40K for a 2BR apartment. If you like it and want to stay long term, you can bargain. Electricity is additional, from 4000-9000 depending of how much aircon you use. Maid service 3 times a week included, and change of linens. Water also additional, about 200-300 peso a month if I remember correctly

Although a bit expensive, I would recommend you to start here, as it's very convenient and safe. I stayed here long term in 2009. You have all the amenities as staying in a hotel. The apartments are fully furnished with aircon and a balcony. You can get a 1MB internet line for 1500/month. Line is stable but not always 1MB, more like 380-800 kbs.

You will need to pay an additional month in deposit, this will be refunded after electricity and eventually room service tabs are deducted.

While staying here, go look around for other places for your long term. Check out Sun Star and/or hire a reliable taxi driver(200-250 peso/hour) to take you around in different areas, simply looking for "for rent"-signs. There are a lot of places out there not being marketing other than that.

You can make a reservation, but make sure you don't pay upfront before you see the apartment - some are nicer than others.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

thanks Panserhansen, very much appreciated!

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

You might want also to think about a condo unit for Lease for a year. They are cheaper and you still have all the things your looking for... You can find nice condo units for P 10,000 to P15,000.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

thanks cebuexpat !

actually I am looking for 1 year lease

please see my advertising....

do u have any contact?

Oslo
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

You cannot find nice(western standard alike) furnished 1 or 2BR condo near Ayala for 10-15K. You might find an ok apartment in an unsecured area for that amount, close to Ayala. GE Homes is close to Sarrosa, and you can get a small apartment there for 16K. IMO ok but not very nice. If your original budget is 25-30, I would pay the extra and go for Sarrosa instead.

Condo units are generally overpriced compared to what you can get for an apartment in a compound. I remember before settling here, that I definately wanted a condo for security etc. After a while, I'm more happy about 15 min in taxi from Ayala. Find a decent apartment or small house where you can have a small garden, barbecue, etc. Most people lower their guards after a while, and my crave for condos has vanished.

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

Hello again,

No i am very sorry, I dont have any contacts for the area in which you are requesting. Yes, a year lease for a condo is no problem. You can get it for how ever many months you want it.... I hope someone can give you some more info for the area you are asking about. I have lot of contacts, but they all are on Mactan island. Which is about 20 minutes from the City. Close to the beach resorts...

One more tip I can give to you. Most places here will ask for one month up front, and two months deposit. So make sure you choose wisely, getting your deposit back can be a pain taking task here in PI. I would suggest using your last two payments for your remaining rental, or at least one. At the completion you might have to wait for a while for your money. Might have to be sent to you if you are leaving quickly. That might get to be a hard issue. Just a tip.....

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

thanks cebuexpat for this tip....

10. Re: looking for apartment for long term lease around cebu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 04:16