We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATM at Cebu airport

England
Level Contributor
46 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
ATM at Cebu airport

I know this topic has been covered before but the threads are old.

Can anyone tell me if there are any ATMs in Cebu International airport. I will be going from the airport to a hotel nearby overnight

and then up to Malapascua so I will have no time to check around outside the airport and there are no atms on Malapascua.

Also do they sell shampoos etc at the airport - we have limited luggage allowance and need it all for our dive gear.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

What time will you reach Cebu?

If it is during daylight, there are chances where those sari sari store may be open and you can get some toiletries from them.

As for ATM, sorry not sure about them.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

what hotel ur staying? metrobank have atm CEBU – OPON BRANCH

Address: G. Y. dela Serna St. Poblacion

City: Lapu Lapu City

Province: Cebu …blogspot.ie/2011/11/mactan-cebu-internation… ,how are u travelling to malapascua?cant u stop somewhere in cebu city or along the way

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

I'm not sure at the airport but i know there is one at Marina Mall (you will pass it leaving the airport ) which is about 5 mins from the airport. Depending on your transport you can just get the taxi/van to stop for 2 mins while u get the money, in fact you could do that anywhere in Mactan/Cebu City/Mandaue on the way to Malapascua as there are many atms on the side of the road.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

When you exit the international arrival side of Cebu airport, just turn right. There is a BPI (Bank of the Philippine Islands) ATM machine around 20 meters from that exit. Same floor as the exit area. It is located in between the exit of the international and domestic arrival area. If you are staying at Waterfront Hotel across the airport, there is also ATMs in the domestic departure area, which is above the arrival area. The departure area is just across the street from this Waterfront Airport Hotel.

If you are staying at Days Inn, Islands Stay, or somewhere close, there is a place called Marina Mall, just walking distance from these 2 hotels. There is a Savemore supermarket there. There are also ATMs in Marina Mall.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

I have never needed shampoo so I have not looked for it. However, I have not seen a shop that is likely to be selling it either. The shops are mostly just selling souvenirs. That is the departure area. In the arrivals area, there is nothing at all. Not even a place selling snacks.

I have tried the BPI machine between domestic and international arrivals several times in the past and it has been closed so I never bother with it any more. I just wait for HSBC in Cebu City. HSBC dispense P40,000 at a time. HSBC do not charge an additional amount for withdrawals. Well they don't charge me anyway. I use an ATM card from the commonwealth bank in Australia. If you can get the BPI atm machine to work, it will only dispense P10,000 at a time. There is also a P200 additional fee for every withdrawal. So, it might be worthwhile to take a trip into the city. Use the HSBC ATM machine then walk around the corner and enter Ayala Mall at the Gaisano supermarket entrance and buy all your needs at supermarket prices.

England
Level Contributor
46 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

I will be staying at the Cesario Hotel. Next morning we will be picked up by the dive company and taken direct to Maya. I was led to believe that we will not pass ATMs on the way.

Thanks for all the answers to date. Keep the information coming if you know anything more.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

With respect to your question, from my experience of travelling there are very few airports (that have international flights) in the world where you will not find an ATM. With the exception of BIAP or the others, typically used exclusively by Ryanair; but in future when travelling I suggest you either check with your bank first, as most banks can advise you about this or use ATM Locator:

http://www.visa.com/atmlocator

In all the years I have been to Cebu I have never had a problem finding ATMs, although a word of caution about using any bank’s ATM, the Philippines is the only place in the world where using an ATM that did not dispense any cash, but took the money from my account, best to stick with the larger banks.

On shampoos, these are very easy to find everywhere from your average ‘sari sari’ store to most general stores however some of these are in single use packets most, if not all, of the big brands. If you can’t find at the airport ask the taxi to stop by somewhere to pick some up. Shampoo in the Philippines is big business.

A Travel Tip: I find it very useful to visit a supermarket before you return home, you can find useful travel sized shower gels, shampoos which come in handy for a short trip or a weekend away, which you cannot find in the UK. I only ever find these in the Philippines or Thailand. If you have room in your suit case for the trip home its worth picking some up, I had a handy Dove container that I used for years. I also have Coffee Mate ‘easy pour’ container that I still use at work. So the next time you visit Cebu you can bring your own shampoo.

Before anyone says you can find these in Boots or Superdrug here (in UK) these ones are too small and expensive for what they are.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,102 posts
554 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

if you are arriving late, and will be picked up early the next day, the supermarket will be closed. One option is the convenience store at the Total gas station at the foot of the Fernan bridge going towards Mandaue/Cebu coming from Mactan. This should have your toiletry choices. Or even the Shell gas station on the same side of the road on your way towards the ramp to the Fernan bridge. You will still be in Mactan.

Regarding what BigJim mentioned on the airport ATM, I will be landing in Cebu this friday. I will check out the BPI ATM if it is working. But do check what BigJim mentioned and check the ATM charges from your bank.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

Here's a short answer - Yes.

Yes - there are ATMs in Cebu airport - both inside and just outside, before the taxi stand.

If you have an international ATM card, you end up paying 200 pesos extra per transaction (max 10,000 pesos withdrawal per transaction)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: ATM at Cebu airport

PS - In Phils, I recommend that foreign tourists instead use their ATM card to withdraw money at the airport of departure - Euros, Pounds, USD, Jap Yen, Sing dollars, AUs dollars are all easy to change all over the Phils - just got to the closest Western Union or Arlene's money changer or any of the private money changers you find in all small towns in the Phils.

We have a crappy banking system here in the Phils, but an exceptionally efficient money transfer (LBC, CDhuillier, WUnion) and money changer system.