We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

Zilina, Slovakia
Level Contributor
176 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

We want to go for one day trip from Cebu city. What is better and nicer alternative to see in one day /not only falls, but nature around, villages, markets..../ from european tourist point of view?

Zilina, Slovakia
Level Contributor
176 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

Nobody can help me? Water is still missing in Mantayupan falls?

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,237 posts
566 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

I asked a friend who is in the business of providing tour and car rental services around cebu. Mantayupan's falls is weak at present. Kawasan is better. Kawasan is farther than mantayupan. there are several ways to go to kawasan. If you want to see a market, you can ask to pass by mantalongon, which is the main vegetable market supplying the cities of cebu i know this place also trades different animals like cows, goats, horses. It is just kind of an uphill ride.

If you need assistance, i can refer you to my friend who provides tour services. Just pm me.

Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

Both can be done in a day as the bus can pass through barili (mantayupan falls) in going to badian where kawasan falls is. always ride in an aircon bus. its a long dusty bumpy ride.

http://dimetravel.org/mantayupan-falls/

Edited: 07 December 2013, 13:04
Cebu
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

Very nice review. I wonder if anything much has changed since you wrote the article a little over a year ago? I live in Argao and want to see it.

5. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 December 2013, 10:05
Colorado
Level Contributor
10 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

Hello im not sure about mantayupan falls. I know it is protected by the locals because people do not want to abuse that natural resource. However, i have return to kawasan falls last year. It is not as beautiful as it was 10 years ago. I thought the inns built next to the falls were demolished but it were not. It is blocking the fantastic view. They keep putting rocks and there's very small area to swim now. Also the people are overly aggressive in offering us to ride in the bamboo raft. It was very annoying. It was ruining my moment at the falls.

Edited: 09 July 2014, 08:48
7. Re: Kawasan falls or Mantayupan falls Barili ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 08:15