We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oslob to Badian Island.

PHILIPPINES
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Oslob to Badian Island.

I want to go from Oslob to Badian Island. How far? what means of transportation? Pls recommend other beaches, dive spots to go to thats near Oslob. Is Moalboal far? Thanks!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,471 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oslob to Badian Island.

I have never been to Badian Island but have been to Badian. My trips were from Cebu City though, Not Oslob.

I have just checked on my Cebu Island map. It looks like the best way to get from Oslob to Badian is to go up to Dalaguete then across to Badian. Measuring it on the map, looks like about 70km. This will probably involve 2 bus trips. One to Dalaguete then a bus or jeepney from Dalaguete to Badian.

While in Badian, do not miss Kawasan Falls.

Badian to Moalboal is less than 20km. There are regular busses passing between the two locations. You might even catch a tricycle.

For nice white sand beaches, I like Daan Bantayan but that is way up the coast from Moalboal and probably best done from Cebu City. If you do go to Daan Bantayan, then you can go to Malapascua Island which is popular for diving.

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
147 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Oslob to Badian Island.

I would take the bus from Oslob heading to BATO (going south) then at Bato change to the Cebu City bus ( make sure to get the bus that goes via Moalboal) and get off at Badian. Badian Town is on the mainland of Cebu, while Badian Island is a short trip away. The turn off to the pier is before Badian Town, but I don't remember seeing any tricycles at the turn off (and the pier is too far to walk from the highway) Otherwise you will have to get a tricycle from Badian Town. I wouldn't transverse via Dalaguete, the road isn't the best and there is limited transport that way. Going via Bato your on the main highway and it's easy to get buses.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oslob to Badian Island.

I would second Expresstrip's suggestion. Easier for you since you are at Oslob and the route down South is scenic as well. If by any chance you get the wrong bus that goes to Liloan, there are habal2x that goes to Bato.

There is no need to go back to Cebu City and all that traffic and pollution.

PHILIPPINES
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oslob to Badian Island.

Thanks for your help! We have been to Malapascua and my husband dove with the sharks, which he thoroughky enjoyed

5. Re: Oslob to Badian Island.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2014, 05:17