We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this IT even possible?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Is this IT even possible?

Can you check if this is possible?. Here's a background of our trip:

- I will travel with a 10 year old child, so there will be two of us.

- Arrival to Cebu is at 11PM on October 28. With that late arrival, we will no longer check in at any hotel.

October 29

- 12AM: Midnight dinner at Larsian's Cebu. Maybe hang out at a local coffee shop.

- 3AM: South Bus Terminal to OSLOB

- 6AM to 10AM: Whate Shark Watching, Tumalog Falls, Oslob Church and Ruins

- 10AM onwards: Bus from Oslob to Malapascua

October 29, 30, 31

- Malapascua

October 31

- 10:00AM - Check out at from Malapascua to Cebu

- 3:00PM - Cebu City

November 1

- Relax in a Cebu City hotel until our flight to MLA at 5PM.

I understand how time consuming it is to travel from Oslob to Malapascua, but I've searched and searched online and it seems like the only white beach with pools we can afford is in Malapascua (1500/night). I have been to Bantayan and Mactan is too expensive.

I do not mind staying in South Cebu but I would want to be on a safe beach front accommodation with a pool. I prefer to have a pool nearby so my daughter can still play around at night. Any suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is this IT even possible?

Bohol?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is this IT even possible?

If you 10 year old can stay awake at midnight till 3am, then ok but I would not do that.

I would check into a short time hotel and get some sleep. Yes, it may be 3 hours only and you may feel worse after that but with a 10 year old, I would weigh this very carefully.

I do not know your reason behind going to Malapascua but it does not make sense to me that to travel 5 hrs according to your schedule for a white beach with pool.

For your information, I would say that from Oslob to Malapascua will need more than 5 hrs.

You have to travel back to Cebu city and then another bus to Malapascua. Depending on traffic, it may need more than 3 hrs just to reach Maya from Cebu City.

I second Calre suggestion. Go to Bohol/Panglao and dump Malapascua.

Mentioned in this post
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is this IT even possible?

Thanks for your suggestions, but we've been to Bohol back in 2011 already.

I am willing to dump Malapascua because the whole Cebu trip is really about the whale sharks. It will be a wonderful experience for my 10 year old.

Any other nice place?

Edited: 05 May 2013, 15:24
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is this IT even possible?

Camotes Islands?

Mentioned in this post
Camotes Islands
Camotes Islands
Visayas, Philippines
philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is this IT even possible?

From oslob go to dumaguete. Its much closer than malapscua.

Try this, highly rated in TA.

http://www.mikes-beachresort.com/

Has a beach and a waterfall pool, fits your requirement. Except rates are higher than 1500

Edited: 05 May 2013, 15:36
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is this IT even possible?

With such a short amount of time, I would definitely drop Malapascua. A much easier option will be after you have swum with the whalesharks, catch a bus from Oslob to Moalboal, you will probably have to change at Bato. But it is still only 2 hrs away. You can either get off at Kawasan falls and see this beautiful spot, or continue to Molaboal and save Kawasan for the next day.

There are many places within your budget with a pool at Moalboal [panagsama]. Sunshine pension has a decent pool and rooms for 900php, or qou vadis resort , also near sunshine pension has a good pool and rooms from 1000php up.

If you want to see a decent beach , from Panagsama you can get a tricycle to white beach .

Personally I think this is a much better option, though altec,s suggestion is also good, as Liloan to get pumpboat to Dumaguete is only 30 mins from oslob, another option for you in Dumaguete would be Sea Forest resort, is popular with locals and Filipino tourists

Mentioned in this post
Oslob
Oslob
Cebu Island, Philippines
Moalboal
Moalboal
Cebu Island, Philippines
Liloan
Liloan
Cebu Island, Philippines
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is this IT even possible?

Thanks al22tec! I am now considering Dumaguete or Siquijor :)

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is this IT even possible?

Hello PHoenix242, i read somewhere that Moalboal's main beach is mainly for divers because of the huge drop a few meters from the shore.. I'm a little scared of that especially with a child.

BUT, Moalboal is still in my bucket list. Maybe when she's older or when I am with adult friends so we can start learning how to dive too. I love Cebu so much I wish I live there!

Mentioned in this post
Moalboal
Moalboal
Cebu Island, Philippines
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is this IT even possible?

The reef does not drop off for at least 50m from shore, at low tide you can walk out literally 50m, There is no good beach at Panagsama, but White beach north of Panagsama is quite nice and the shallow snorkeling is very good

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is this IT even possible?

www.seaforestresort.com

This place is only 2km from where you get off the pumpboat at Sibulan on Negros, if you are travelling from Liloan on Cebu after the whalesharks. Your daughter may enjoy it, it is very popular with local families and you can just pay for day use if you dont want to stay there

Mentioned in this post
Liloan
Liloan
Cebu Island, Philippines