We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

Singapore
9 posts
Save Topic
Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

Hi,

For the ferry tickets from Cebu to Bohol and back to Cebu...is it OK to book from asiatravel.com? (or any other suggestions?)

Is it worth the surcharge or should I try my luck at the pier on the day of travel (july 2013)?

Also, with the e-ticket, how many minutes before the ferry departure time should I reach the pier? Do I need to go to the counter to change it for a "real ticket"?

Thanks for the help!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,171 posts
1,637 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

Only you can answer this? Are you happy to pay the surcharge?

Im sure you will be ok on the day. Business Class on this journey was virtually empty during the peak Christmas Time trip I took.

I prebooked the same trip last year with Asia Travel and was happy to have a guaranteed booking and it saved me the hassle.

Tommo

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

hi -you can also try this travel agent -i have used them for booking flights and other services http://oj-ltt.tk/ -i presume an e-ticket is the same as you would get for your flight if booked online

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

Booking with Asiatravel is fine. They are a reliable company. Be at the pier at least 30mins before departure as you will need to clear security.

If your travel day is not on a weekend, you should easily get a ticket.

Do note July is the wet season. If the sea is too rough, ferry schedule may be delayed or cancelled.

Singapore
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

Thanks for the replies!

Hmmm...if ferry is delayed or cancelled, the e-ticket is still valid for the next available ferry or refundable?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,171 posts
1,637 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

Read the ticket conditions or ask Asia Travel/ or Ocean Jet.

Tommo

6. Re: Ferry from Cebu to Bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:16