My boyfriend and I live in South Korea and have just booked a 2 week trip to the Philippines for the first two weeks of August. We are both pretty laid back and well-travelled and our main priority is just to relax on some beautiful beaches. Preferably avoiding anything too built up and touristy, we'd like a 'paradise beach' feel. We'd love to do some touring while there too, although we are on a bit of a budget and as we've only got 2 weeks, we dont want to waste days travelling, so preferably easy-ish to get to. So my main questions are:
- we arrive into Cebu at 12.45am on a Sunday. What's the best bet at this time? Crash at the airport until morning/pre-book a nearby place to stay/or can we move on somewhere straight away at that time of night?
- Best Islands to visit? We like the sound of Bohol (boyfriend especially wants to visit the monkey sanctually there if any thoughts on that?) but would appreciate any suggested itineraries for the 2 weeks!
- Usually when travelling, I just turn up and find somewhere. Is this advisable on the islands? I know that its considered low season so I'd like to do that option for ease of moving on when we feel like it, but don't want to be caught out with no place to stay either!
- I know we're going during typhoon season - wondering if anyone had any first hand experience in the first 2 weeks of August; how much sunshine can we reasonably expect in 2 weeks?
- And finally just any recommendations for things that we shouldn't miss/ things we should know. It's our first holiday together and neither of us have been able to get away for a while, so really looking forward to the Philippines and want to make the most of it!