We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinery required

Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
itinery required

Coming to Cebu for the 1st time with 6 adults and 1 infant. My group consisted of me and my wife both in mid 30s, 2 friends in their mid 20s n 2 elderly in their mid 60s ( their active in lifestyle though). No idea what to expect after the typhoon hai yen. We will be having 6full days in cebu arriving on 13 dec n leaving on 19 dec. We are aware that relieve effort is still being carried out there but would think to visit a place strikenby disaster is one of the best way to show support to local community. Would appreciate if a 6 day itinery could be suggested which includes cebu city+ moalboal + oslob + bohol ( if possible if ferry service is open to public) would prefer mid-range budget if possible thank you

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,738 posts
601 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinery required

This is like hot off the press, very recent blog on a very recent trip by our energizer bunny, mousehunt. Talks about oslob and moalboal.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g663539-i13831-k69…

There are several threads here for bohol. These will tell you suggested accomodations and things to do. In bohol, the damage caused by the recent earthquake is now a tourist attraction as well.

One example, among many bohol threads.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294259-i9268-k692…

You will need a van rental for your group. Pm me if you need help on a van for cebu.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinery required

If you want to visit disaster stricken place, try not to visit places that has been stricken by Yolanda. The authorities are busy enough there.

Bohol will be a good place to visit as you are aware that they have just experience a 7.2 magnitude earthquake.

Chocolate Hills and the Tarsier sanctuary can still be visited using an alternate route. You can even visit the fault line!

Stay a night or two in Alona.

As for Moalboal, go there if you want to dive because Moalboal will be dead boring for those who do not dive.

As what Altec says, get a van to bring you around as you have two elderly. Try to visit Oslob on a weekday as you are coming to Cebu during the peak season.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinery required

Sounds like you already have an itinerary.

Now, tell us in pisos or in your currency, what you mean by mid range.

Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinery required

Mid-range in my definition is 1500-3k /night/2 persons

Anyone knows about panglao-oslob transfer by ferry as i wish to shorten the transport time.please advise

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,234 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinery required

No ferry Oslob Panglao as far as I am aware. You could hire a private bangka (outrigger) to take you.

Otherwise, if you don't want to travel back to Cebu City, this is the only option I know of. Argao to Loon on Lite Shipping

http://www.lite-shipping.com/schedule.php

Quest Hotel opposite Ayala Mall in Cebu City is very popular. You can get deals less than P3000 there

questhotels.com/eng/location/hotel/3-Quest-H…

Try booking through Agoda or Asiatravel.com

On Panglao Island Bohol, you could try Flower garden Resort.

It is a resort in a garden setting on a road behind the resorts that have beach frontage on Alona Beach on Pangalo island, Bohol. You can't walk through the beach front resorts. You have to walk around. It takes 10 minutes to walk to the supermarket, restaurants, bars and the beach at Alona Beach. The resort has it's own swimming pool.

They offer several of what they call a 2 storey house. i think a better description is a bungalow. I have been inside house number 1. It is P1900 per night, good for 3. Upstairs is the main bedroom and a smaller bedroom off the main bedroom plus a covered balcony with table and chairs. Downstairs is a living room with cable TV, full kitchen and bathroom plus a covered porch with table and chairs. So you dine upstairs or downstairs under cover but open air. The website is here.

flowergarden-resort.com/Preise-E.htm#Service

6. Re: itinery required

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2014, 06:20