We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling to philippines end of February...

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling to philippines end of February...

I will be staying in Cebu one night and Bohol two. Can anyone please tell me the best area to stay in?! I hear cebu city is dirty to stay away. But I am open to whatever. Also where in Bohol is the prettiest not sooo touristy? Thank you.

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
262 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Traveling to philippines end of February...

@ Volt ... nonsense. :) - huwag ka makulit ....

Parts of Philippines are clean and parts are dirty - as for "adventure"... I still believe that Philippines is pretty tame as compared to more adventurous places like India (the true tester of a traveller ... and a fascinating country with discoveries at every corner every time) - :) It is usually Europeans / Americans / Aussies who have never seen any other developing country who think Phils is an adventure to travel in.

As for real adventure... - a place like Africa would be the place for real adventure.. and Antarctica (as for me .. I was too scared and stuck to package tours in Africa!)

@ Jessica...

Most of Philippines is far cleaner than many other places in Asia (perhaps it is the catholic influence... or perhaps the earlier tribal influence?).

But I do agree with AvO - Spend more time in Bohol and Alona beach. nice, clean, beautiful, well equipped.

Daytona Beach...
Level Contributor
16 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Traveling to philippines end of February...

Thanks for all your replys as I just now saw them almost a year later. Maybe I should have not used the word " Dirty " as I have never been to the Philippines nor Cebu or Asia at that point and was only directed by someone else making such accusations. My Asia trip was AMAZING and rebooked another trip to Asia again exactly one year to date. Cebu was beautiful and fun! I swam with the whale sharks, rode a motor bike through the whole island, broke down by a family village that is now apart of my family :) saw a school parade in the streets, bought a pair of hand made shoes from a great local shoe spot, Visit tons of beautiful waterfalls, and ended up staying at the Quest Inn by the mall and it was a great location and stay! The service, the people and the culture from the island of Cebu was nothing I will ever forget! Bohol was unforgettable as well. absolutely was memorized by the chocolate hills, made a visit to the taiser monkey farm, again rode through the island of Bohol, Ate a delicious fresh lemon grass roasted chicken at a night market, spent a night on their cargo boat returning to Cebu. HAD A BLAST!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,418 posts
1,558 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Traveling to philippines end of February...

Never rely on hearsay and rumour and Im glad you enjoyed your trip.

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Traveling to philippines end of February...

Jessica,

How come your trip sound so exciting where mine is so mundane?

I must be missing something..... :(

15. Re: Traveling to philippines end of February...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2015, 05:15