We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of things at market

Christchurch, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
cost of things at market

I am heading to Cebu in December. Taking 3 very young children.

I want to know how much I can expect to pay for things like lengths of hand woven material and childrens clothes.

What are some great inexpensive things to do with young (2 and 3 year old) children. We will have a car and driver amd locals with us.

We will be there 3 weeks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,468 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of things at market

Cebu is a big island. Where on Cebu will you be staying?

In the meantime,

Here are couple of waterparks you can go to with young children.

Tubod Flowing Waters

http://www.cebuspring.com/

Villa Terisita

www.villateresitaresortcebu.com/index.html

SM Mall in Cebu City has several chreches. They all have different activities which will keep young kids amused for an hour or 2 while you shop. You pay by the hour to use them

SM mall also has the fun centre in the bottom level. It has a mini carousel, mini train ride, mini plane ride etc. Plus it has what looks like a mini steam train but is just operated from an electric motor. The train ride runs the full length of the bottom level of the mall. The steam train is for kids but adults can ride in it too. You can pay to ride them individually or the group of rides costs P200 per child to ride them all day. Dodgem cars is included in the P200 price but they will be too young for the dodgems unless you pay to ride and they ride with you.

While you are at the bottom level of SM Mall, you can check out Chester enterprises. They have an outlet there.

http://www.chesterenterprisesinc.com/

If you listen to the radio or watch the local TV stations, you will hear their jingly tune advertisement all the time "Chester Enterprises!........... Chester enterprises!.......... you've go the style, we've got the textile!"

I usually buy my material for jeans, shirts and trousers on Leyte but i have used Chester enterprises in the past for a materiel for a Barong and other items.

For kids clothes check out the shops and markets in DownTown Cebu City. My girlfriend usually manages to buy T-shirts and shorts for about P50 each.

Negros Island...
Destination Expert
for Bacolod, Negros Island
Level Contributor
3,076 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of things at market

Most shops are fixed price. There arent a lot of bargaining (thank god!) going on. Handwoven prices depends on the material.

As for clothes SM Dept store and mall has a great range of clothes for different budgets. Cheap is like a dollar ir two for a shirt.

Ayala Mall with Metro Gaisano Dept Store also has a lot of bargains. Brands can also be had in Rustans Fept Store in Ayala.

3. Re: cost of things at market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2015, 06:18