We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cebu

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Topic
Cebu

I am beginning to research the possibility of going to Cebu in Jan 2015. I will be obtaining a visa for a 3 month stay.

I have been told by my friend that it is the most beautiful place to spend time.

I will be looking primarily to do some sailing, relaxing, dining, social drinking in nice establishments and travelling, exploring. I will need to be located close to anywhere quiet, clean and respectable.

Could anyone suggest anything to get me started on my research.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,376 posts
1,661 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cebu

You can start by reading the things to do, and hotel and restaurant reviews listed top of this page which ranks places based on members reviews.

In Cebu City I would recommend staying near Ayala Mall. Beaches to consider include Malapascua and Camotes. Trips to Bohol and Siquijor are only a short fast ferry ride away.

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,237 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cebu

You can't get a 3 month visa.

The visa you will obtain has to be used within 3 months from the date of issue but after you enter the Philippines, your visa is only good for 59 days.

You can stay longer so long as you extend. the cost for a one month extension is

- P4330 for the extension

plus

- usd $50 for an ACR-I card

plus

- P500 express lane fee for the ACR-I card.

If you find you need more than 1 month extra, obtain a 2 month extension instead. It only costs P500 more. Or it is more correct to say that the 2 month extension costs P4830 and they give you a P500 discount if you only want one month instead. If you want to stay, you can keep extending until you have been in the Philippines for 3 years. The next extension from 4 months to 6 months is only P2830.

Quiet clean and respectable is all the beach resorts on Mactan island. But if you are going to stay 3 months, you will run out of money quickly.

For a longer term stay, you may want to stay in a place such as this.

http://www.apartelledearcenas.com/

Then use it as a base for travelling to tourist islands accessible from Cebu City such as Biliran,. Camotes, Malapascua, Bantayan, Bohol, Siquijor and Camiguin.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cebu

Can you please define the following?

nice establishments - What is nice? Shangrila standard?

exploring - What do you want to explore? Culture, food, forest, nature?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
5,858 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cebu

1) Cebu is the name of a city, an island and a province. Cebu city is a crowded city of Philippines, but yes, the island and provicne of Cebu which are larger have some excellent places to visit. In fact, most of Visayas does.

2) A good idea is to arrive at Cebu and then spend some time in Bohol (just a ferry ride away), and a few days at Malapascua, some more in Camotes. You may also wish to explore other tourist spots in Cebu island.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cebu

MUST have the original AA BBQ!! baktincorporation.com/2011/…

Do also visit Oslob and swim with the whale sharks. Let me know if you need the contact

6. Re: Cebu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 April 2015, 07:16