We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! 3days in Cebu!

4 posts
Save Topic
Help! 3days in Cebu!

My sibs and I will be traveling to Cebu this April. I would like to ask if you can help me make plan for our itinerary. Consideration would be we have to stay at our friends house at Daanbantayan. Please help me maximize our time.

Suggested itinerary.

Day 1- Since our flight is early in the morning. Would it be possible to go to Kawasan Falls and travel to Daanbantayan by night? Im concern with the travel hours. (Originally we're thinking of going to Oslob -- can this be included?)

Day 2 - From Daanbantayan to Malapascua island ( Is a day tour enough?)( Thinking of going back to Daanbantayan by night since it is also very near in a beach)

Day 3 - Daanbantayan to Cebu City for the City Tour since our flight is in midnight. (Can we still go to FUNtastic Island by morning? Since our friend told us that it is just 30mins boat ride to their place)

Hoping for your reply. Would like to knowthe travel hours in between destination. Thanks guys! Help me modify our itinerary for a time well spent in Cebu! Thanks again!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

Trip time from the airport to the carpark for Kawasan falls is going to be about 3 hours in normal traffic. Then it is about 20 minutes walk to the lower falls and another 10 minutes walk to the upper falls. then you have to do the trip back to Cebu City. So without spending any time at Kawasan Falls, you have used up 7 hours of your day. It is a long way just for a 5 minute look, so I presume you will want to spend at least 2 hours there having a swim and a picnic. That is 9 hours gone out of your day. Then from Cebu City, it will be a minimum of 2.5 hours to Daanbantayan. Maybe longer. So, no time for Oslob same day, in my opinion.

Personally, I would just go straight to Daanbantayan and seek to do the other places later on.

Yes, you can go for a daytour from Daanbantayan to Malapascua. I have done this before. I have stayed at Skip's Beach resort just a couple of kilometres north of the main town of Daanbanatayan. Skip's is on a huge long stretch of white sand beach fronted by many properties. Maybe where you are staying is near the same beach. From Skip's, you can see Malapascua off in the distance. It is close enough that you can make out features such as the light house with the naked eye. I have travelled by bangka boat to Malapascua from Skip's. Last time I did this was December 2010. The trip was about 90 minutes to Malapascua and we were charged P2000 for the day. Not per person, it was for our group. As in they took us to Malapascua, waited while we went touring and had lunch and drank a few cocktails in Maldito, then took us back to Daanbantayan. You can also get from Daanbantayan to Maya by jeepney and catch a public bangka boat from there. That option will cost about P200 to P240 per person, there and back again, depending on the tide. For that trip, it is about 30 minutes in a jeeoney to Maya. Then it is 30 minutes in a bangka to Malapascua. There will also be waiting time at each end for the boat to depart. It will take extra time at low tide as you have to transfer from a small boat to the big bangka boat.

If you have a Midnight flight, then you will have time for Funtastic in Medellin.

2. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2014, 04:09
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

Thanks for the reply. Would you know if the bus is open till midnight?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,797 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

Sorry, I don;t know when the last bus leaves. i do all my travelling in the day time.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,613 posts
1,570 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

Ask the bus company as we are not them.

Tommo

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

The distance required for the travel will consume your fun time. I suggest that you extend your stay in Cebu and spend a night over in these areas or you can choose a least two of your most preferrable destinations for your short stay in Cebu. Always allow extra time during travels since everything is unpredictable. Dont squeeze it too much. Hope this helps.

4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

Thanks! Would you know if there are busses from kawasan going to daanbantayan? Or we have to go back to north bus terminal to ctach the bus going to daanbantayan?

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

You will need to go back to Cebu city and board another bus to Daanbantayan in the North bus terminal.

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

Is there other means of transportation from airport to bus terminal? Like jeepneys? Aside from taxi? How can i go to north bus terminal from south bus terminal? Aside from taxi? TIA

10. Re: Help! 3days in Cebu!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 06:16