We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vivo City

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Vivo City

Hi all! We will be going on a short vacation again in a few days. I came across some sites and lead me to reading about this new mall(?) or entertainment complex. I still have no clear picture where it is exactly (or what was standing on its present spot previously). I always enjoy going around new places too. But is it worth it? We will be staying at a hotel along Orchard Road and I'd like to know if it is worth it to visit this new shopping complex when everything might be just outside our doorstep already? Are there attractions there that you wont find anywhere else?

Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vivo City

Vivio City is at what was formerly known as World Trade Centre (now HarbourFront and VivioCity). It is along Telok Blangah Road and is the access point to get across (by car) to Sentosa. From Orchard Road, you could take one of those Explorer buses which go to Sentosa or you could take a train (MRT) to HarbourFront MRT Station (from Orchard, change to the North-East line at Dhoby Ghaut).

Vivio City has a large variety of shops (which can be found along Orchard Road eg. GAP, Island, Mango, Zara, NafNaf, Topshop, Forever 21, Brooks Brothers) catering to the young, the working crowd and kids. There's a Spanish corner and one of the Malaysian brands (whose name escapes me now). There's also a lot of eateries there which overlook Sentosa and is quite a pleasant dining experience.

If you're into clubbing, one of the latest clubs is also there. St James Powerhouse.

I'm not sure about attractions at VivioCity though it is pretty large and is very much self-contained. I suppose if you were goign to Sentosa it would be quite convenient for you to shop there as well.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,000 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vivo City

HI Impulse

The Vivocity Mega Mall? it is like a Orchard Road in 1 Mall. HUGE.........with both branded & non brand store. There is even a budget Daiso Store too. 3 food court, many other food outlet, a Hog Breath (My favourite) with some restaurant having a good View of Sentosa. This Mall is right connected to Harbourfront MRT station. This place used to be the famous World Trade Centre Exhibition Hall. I should think this mall is enough for you & your mum to cover, so in my opinion can give Orchard a miss ^__^ Otherwise the food hall at the basement of Takashimaya is good for som delicious snack. I like the Yokohama Japanese Tonkatsu Curry kiosk.

Here's a Link:

http://www.vivocity.com.sg/home1.html

Lots of sitting area if U & mum are tired after walking ^__^. Half a day is good here ^__^. Go first thing it open in the morning (around 11am) and avoid Saturday after 2pm cos it can get really crowded. U can take Bus 143 from the bus stop infront of Heeren shopping and alight outside Vivocity Mall.

U can also take a quick hop over to Sentosa via the Sentosa Express train station in this Mall.

Crown prince Hotel have been renamed Park Hotel ^__^, dunno if there have done any refurbishment but otherwise very central.

Another New Mall U can check out would be The Central Which is right above clarke Quay MRT station.

U can also check out the revamped Cathay Multiplex Building (There is a mini museum on the second floor)

Also check out the Newly re-open singapore Musuem Next to YMCA International House. http://www.nationalmuseum.sg/

Cheers

3. Re: Vivo City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 04:15