We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore Airlines or Qantas

Lake District
Level Contributor
283 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore Airlines or Qantas

Since deciding to travel to Australia (stopping over in Singapore for 3 nights) I have always thought we would go with Singapore Airlines and use their stopover package. The stopover package prices have risen quite alot for when we go (Feb/Mar 2009) but now when looking at the flight prices they are about £300 each (4 of us) dearer than Qantas I know a few years ago Qantas was always regarded as the best airline to travel to and from Australia with just wondered what people thought are Singapore Airlines worth the £1200 extra. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated. I have also posted this on the airline/travel forum.

Level Contributor
2,333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore Airlines or Qantas

Having flown to Singapore on both Airlines it would be Singapore Airlines every time but if you are saving a considerable amount then go for Quantas. It is a long uncomfortable journey whichever way you do it in economy I just think service, food and entertainment was better on Singapore Airlines as for comfort they are about the same, it depends what your priorities are.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore Airlines or Qantas

That is quite a lot more. I still think that Singapore Air is the best in the world. I am flying them from N america to asia to australia and back. I have never fogotton the service when I went out of vancouver it was like economy class had becone first class

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
195 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore Airlines or Qantas

Definitely fly with Singapore Airlines. The last time I flew with Qantas was in 2005 and never ever again would I consider them! They are more concerned with making big profits than anything else.

I will be flying with Singapore airlines on my trip to Europe and Singapore in August and cannot wait.

Everyone I know that has flown with Singapore airlines cannot speak highly enough of the service and the comfort (unlike Qantas)!

Have a look at www.airlinequality.com for reviews.

Lake District
Level Contributor
283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore Airlines or Qantas

Thanks for your posts. Have looked a bit more into it and it seems if you want to do stopovers on the way there and back with Qantas it bumps the price up so there is only about £500 difference so if that is the case it will definitely be Singapore Airlines. Qantas was also taking me to Melbourne first then onto Sydney which I don't want to do because we are already having to fly from Manchester to London Heathrow so I think its going to turn out to be a nightmare. I realise it possibly depends on what time of day we fly but I think I want to get to Singapore in the morning instead of night. So many decisions!?!

5. Re: Singapore Airlines or Qantas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 20:16