We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finally decided i think!!

Lake District
Level Contributor
283 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Finally decided i think!!

We have a 2 night stopover in Singapore on the way back to the UK from Australia. I think i've decided on Holiday Inn Parkview after the recommendations on TA as we are a family of 4 and they will accommodate us all in one room. However they charge a 1/2 day rate for an extended checkout from 1400 till 1800. My thoughts are to checkout at 1400 leave the bags at the hotel go into city for something to eat etc then make our way to the airport. What happens then? Can we book a 6 hour block at one of the transit hotels as our flight doesn't leave till 2355 and then be able to use the pool or is it just as well to pay the 14 sgd or so for use of the pool and shower facilities. Can we check in our luggage on arrival and just keep our hand luggage?

Any thoughts suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
763 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Finally decided i think!!

I think the best option for you is to use the transit lounge with pool & shower facilities at Changi rather than buying a 6 hour block. With your midnight departure, after a 6 hour sleep you may be awake for hours on the plane while all else are dead to the world. You can check your bags anytime at changi ,do not have to wait till the individual flight check in opens.There is also left luggage for storing carry on bags.The transit hotel have triple rooms but not quads, so as you are a family of 4 it would require 2 rooms for 6 hours at a cost of Sg$164. Changi has a host of things to keep weary travellers occupied, its rated the worlds best airport for good reason.

airlinequality.com/Airports/…SIN_transit.htm

Lake District
Level Contributor
283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Finally decided i think!!

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply. Will take your advice, check in our luggage on arrival store our hand luggage not bother with the transit hotel and just use the pool etc.

Thanks again

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Finally decided i think!!

Hello,

I have just booked Holiday Inn Parkview myself and I was told that because I am a Priority Rewards member they will allow a complimentary late check out if available. So it may be worth joining - it's free!

Also, they allow you to use the pool and showers after checkout anyway.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Finally decided i think!!

Another options is just to leave your bags in your hotel until 9 or 10pm - when you need to go to the airport, this way you get in a full day of touring for free - rather than cutting your time short for the day just because of a flight that is late at night.

My two cents. :P

5. Re: Finally decided i think!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 18:20