We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

Hi,

My friend and I am planning to take 2 days off post a work-trip to Singapore, to travel from Singapore to Bali and back to Singapore.

I'm looking for some suggestions/advice on the following areas:

a. what's the best budget option to travel from Singapore to Denpasar, Bali? (I've heard of Lion-Air, any other recommendations?)

b. once in Bali, since we would have limited time of 2 days, what's the key area of Bali we should head for? (am told that would be Kuta, but again, please suggest).

c. any suggestions about decent, clean hotels to stay (that are conveniently located not too far from the tourist areas) would be very welcome!

Thanks,

Surjo.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Monster Day Tours
Walking Tours, Night Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Food Tours
MAM Holidays Singapore
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours
Wild Discoverer Tour
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

a) You may book online at Jetstar.com.sg. Flights are operated under the "Valuair" brand. You may also like to try Garuda as they might offer very special deals. Bali is too rush just for 2-days 1 nite trip, it is at least a 3-days 2 nites after a 3-hr flight from Singapore.

b) Yes, Kuta is where all the shops, cafes and restaurants are. You can also go to Ubud in Central Bali. Ubud is a small township in the hills and is well-known artists area. Jimbaran for BBQ seafood at the beach. You must visit Tanah Lot, a temple by the sea, at about 4pm to catch the beautiful sunset at 6pm. Tanah Lot is a major tourist attraction in Bali.

c) You can either stay in Kuta or Nusa Dua area. These 2 places are where most hotels are located.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Ubud
Ubud
Bali, Indonesia
Jimbaran
Jimbaran
Bali, Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

also....

a) AirAsia now flies to Denpasar, Bali from 24 Mar'09. http://www.airasia.com

Mentioned in this post
Denpasar
Denpasar
Bali, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

Thanks a lot, Kevin! - appreciate the help. :)

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

Hi,

Jetstar is quite good. Garuda is quite unrelaible - every single time I have taken it to Bali - the flights have ALWAYS been delayed going to Bali from Singapore.

If there are 2 of you, you can try Singapore Airlines - they sometimes have promotions for 2 and their timings are better than Garuda and when they have a promotion, their rates are comparable.

Flight to Bali from Singapore is only 2h 30min, not 3 hours. If you're lucky, you can get there in 2h 15 - which has happened to me many times before as well.

Kuta and Legian would be your best bet for such a short stay. Nusa Dua is a tourist enclave and is far from everything - can be 30 - 45 min from Kuta!

Things in Kuta are also cheaper than Nusa Dua - the latter is mainly 5* hotel chains - the kind you can find anywhere in the world. The beach at Nusa Dua is nice though - if you are planning to go there for the beach - well, nicer than Kuta.

Nusa Dua was built for the tourists and so you'll see nice lawns, smooth roads, etc, but it's not really Bali. It IS pretty though, just not my cup of tea as it reminds me of any beach resort in Asia, so it really depends on what you want.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Kuta
Kuta
Kuta District, Indonesia
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua
Nusa Dua Peninsula, Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

Thanks Jade - thats helpful info.

Although we are planning to fly Lion Air, as that is early-morning flight from Singapore to Bali, so we are trying to maximise our time in Bali itself.

:)

Rgds

Surjo

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
6,190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

Ohh my... Lion Air flight to Bali departs at 6:20am, which means you have to leave your hotel at 4am for the airport.

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

yes :) i know - but since we are trying to make the most of our available time in Bali, guess we'll have to just wake up early for a change! :D

Mentioned in this post
Bali
Bali
Indonesia
8. Re: Travelling from Singapore to Bali - need some advice !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 23:19