We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

singapore or kuala lumpur

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
istanbul
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
singapore or kuala lumpur

Hi,

we have 5 days for Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. So we need to do 3 days in one and 2 days in the other but cant decide which one needs more time? (I think it's 3 days for Singapore and 2 days for Kuala Lumpur) Any ideas??

I dont have much time to do the detailed search on both because I've found good hotel deals and want to decide in short notice. Thanks.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
205 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

3 days Singapore and 2 days KL sounds like a better idea as Singapore has more attractions to keep you occuppied compared to just KL.

You could visit the Flyer, Resort World Sentosa and the great shopping malls KL is just a city with the usual malls and interesting streets.

Keep to your original plan and book the hotel deals before they are gone!

Conwy, United...
Destination Expert
for Penang Island, Sarawak, George Town
Level Contributor
4,566 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

I agree with happyfeet - there is more to see and do in Singapore and getting around is very simple.

That said, KL is much cheaper (Singapore prices for many things are on par with European capital cities. The only inexpensive things are transport and food in Hawker centers) - so if money is an issue, choose KL.

istanbul
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

thanks a lot to both of you. I'll give 3 days to Singapore.

SYD-LON-MUC
Destination Expert
for Honeymoons and Romance, Richmond, Bondi, Katoomba
Level Contributor
4,135 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

I think if you also posted this same question in the KL Forum you may get a different answer.

In saying that i'd say SIN too...

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,092 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

Absolutely agree with all above. I would go so far as to skip KL and go to Malacca instead, but definitely devote the majority of my time to Singapore.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,608 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

I also agree with the above post, KL and SIN r quite similar in many ways so to enjoy something different yet still in M'sia, Malacca is a better choice.

Good luck

Denmark
Level Contributor
141 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

Just spent 2 nights in Singapore and 2 nights in Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately it rained most of the time in Singapore - end March 2010. However I think both were worth a visit. I would agree on 3 full days in Singapore is ok, as we didnt have time for Sentosa Island.

istanbul
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

Thanks to everyone. We decided to go 3 days to Sın and 2 days to Kul. Any must-do suggestions?

9. Re: singapore or kuala lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 06:21