We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester United Bar

auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Manchester United Bar

Does it still exist? Friends have recently been and cant locate it? Its supposed to be 32 Boat Quay according to Google information dated 2009 which is the most recent?

We are off in a week and was hoping to visit as we have done the one in Bangkok.

Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
6,097 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester United Bar

No. It has closed. You may now go to "The Chambers @ Capital Square" for Man U happenings and events. Address : 21 Church Street, Capital Square (next to Far East Square and near Citibank Capital Square Branch) .

The old premises of MU Cafe Bar at Boat Quay is now Charlie's Tapas, Grill & Bar.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,549 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester United Bar

There's the ''Spurs Bar'' on the corner of Rochor Canal Road and Selegie, directly oposite the ''Albert Court Hotel'', it's footie mad and they do a decent ''Jug'' of the amber stuff for about 20 bucks.

Enjoy. Alan

streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/…

auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester United Bar

Thanks. Number one son is Spurs supporter , but its getting the other Man U supporters to walk over the threshold! See if I can wangle it. Thanks again.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,884 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester United Bar

What there are more Spurs supporters in Singapore than Man U fans?? How times have changed...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester United Bar

No. I'm a kop, (though not a die-hard fan). So are half of my family members. The other half still Man U's.

auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester United Bar

Thanks for all your answers and giggles.. Hubby has decided to surprise number one son with a visit to the Spurs Bar! We may have to drag the other one screaming and kicking however. And thanks for the map site.

Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Manchester United Bar

Google for "United for United" or check out their facebook page. They gather somewhere in Boat Quay but I can't remember the exact address.

Kuala Lumpur
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Manchester United Bar

I plan to go to Singapore next week & visit Man Utd Cafe & Bar, you mean the one in Boat Quay has been closed down?

auckland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Manchester United Bar

Yep, it has sorry. If you read the websites they are all old. We couldnt even find the Spurs bar on corner of Rachor Rd. Infact we couldnt find any football bars in Singapore. But we did find an Arsenal bar in Patong /Phuket.! Go to Bangkok Sukhimvit Soi11 if you want an excellent Manchester United Bar. Not cheap however.. We managed to hit the bar on the night of the premier League. Apparently one of the old ManU players (hubby knows his name) coaches a BKK team and was there.. It was rocking!! Just around the corner isThe Pickled Liver Bar ( cheap) and dedicated to George Best of course!

Kuala Lumpur
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Manchester United Bar

Thanks for the info buddy, appreciate it!