We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on 3 parks!!

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on 3 parks!!

Hi I have narrowed down to two options for the 3 parks I plan to visit.

I either do the Zoo and Night Safari in one day starting from 1 in the afternoon and bird park the next afternoon.

Secondly I do the zoo in the morning on day 1 and do the bird park and night safari on day 2 from 4 in the afternoon.

What do you experts think is a better option???

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,675 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

Both seem equally bad. Check the weather on the day and do what seems the best. I recommend going to the zoo in morning. You want to get most of the walking done when its still relatively cool.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

"Both seem equally bad. " I almost fell down laughing... I know its bad but I don't have much options. I want to do the zoo early morning when its less crowded and cool whereas logic demands I do it along with the night safari as its close by. Planning this Singapore trip has really taken a lot of skill and planning.. Its almost tiring me out!!!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,675 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

I would rather do the zoo first thing in the moring, catch a cab back to the city around 1500 and do something else (you probably be want to get a shower at this point), chill for a bit and then get a cab back to Night Safari at around 1930 - rather than go to the Zoo at 1pm get tired out and then go direct to the Night Safari. And the Bird Park the next morning (Or go to the BP on the first morning, Night Safari in the evening and the Zoo the next morning)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
276 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

Hey it depends on where you are putting up and what mode of transport you'll be using to get to the parks? If you are staying somewhere in the city and are planning to make use of the shuttle bus service to the zoo/night safari then it makes sense for you to do both together as it takes almost an hour to get from one of the city hotels to the parks. You can't waste 3 to 4 hours just going back and forth.

The bird park is at a different location and you can keep that for some other day.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

Agree. Being local am used to the heat n humidity n used to go to the parks in the afternoon including the zoo, botanical gardens, hotparks, etc. You can't change the weather here so might as well get used to it.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,592 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

If you feel an urge to do all three parks in one visit - i `d do Bird Park in the morning, zoo in the afternoon and night safari in the evening in the VERY same day.

Exhausting, but doable, especially if you are determined to cover it all.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

Hey guys thanks all for your inputs... I have finally planned the trip to the park as follows:

Day 1: 0900 to 1500 - Zoo

Day 2: 0900 to 1200 - Bird Park

1900 to 2230 - Night Safari

@schonefeld - I ain't that much of a hurry to finish it all off in a day!! I wouldn't want to just rush and come back to the hotel all exhausted with no energy to explore a bit of the city or go out in the night.

@raras2u - I stay in Mumbai which is very hot and humid too. We just had rains this week cooling off the weather however for the past two months we have survived in 35 degrees and 80% humidity so I guess we shall be alright in Singapore.

@mankster - You were the one who had me convinced to not rush things. I am sure you like to travel at a leisurely pace and suggest others do the same.

@traveleator - hey I am gonna be staying at Clarke Quay and will be travelling by taxi to the attractions.

This is the first time I have used the TA forums though I have been a member since 2007. I am so glad that I finally did. I have learnt so much from you guys... Thanks a lot and hope I could meet some of you in person and share some travel experiences.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,675 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

That looks fine!

9. Re: Advice on 3 parks!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 15:16