We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

Hi

We are in Singapore for 5-6 days in October, then 5 days in Langkawi - then back to Mumbai via Changi airport. We reach Changi Airport at 12pm from LGK and our flight to Mumbai is at 800pm.

So we have like 5-6 hrs to kill - what should we do - especially since we would have already seen Singapore city??

Most likely we would have a multiple entry visa - so we can indeed go out of the airport - and maybe see something closeby. Though not sure whether we would be allowed to leave - since we would be "in transit". Our bags would be checked thru to Mumbai. The flight is Silkair / SIA.

The option seems to be to spend the time at the airport, then?

Thanks !

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,443 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

changiairport.com/in-transit/recommended-tra…

Leeds, UK
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
18,445 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

You should be allowed to leave if you want to go into the city for a few hours. If you have any hand luggage, drop it off at left luggage, complete an arrivals card and head through customs. Get the MRT and you can be in the city in about 30 mins.

Since your flight is at 8pm and you'll already be checked in and have your tickets, just make sure you're back at the airport for around 6:30pm, head through customs, pick up the left luggage and then go to the departure gate. I've done this heaps of times when I've just got a few hours between flights.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

Thx ! this helps.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Langkawi, Langkawi District
Level Contributor
9,678 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

Hi

There is absolutely loads of things to do at Changi Airport - cinemas, beautiful gardens, butterfly garden, koi carp pools, gaming machines, massages, food and restaurants, shops, free internet access - the list is endless.

You can easily while away 5-6 hours without even leaving the airport.

Lesley

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
493 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

I just returned 3 days back and had a 8 hour stop-over at changi. I didn't get bored at all.. There is soooo much to do at the airport. You couls easily spend the day there. My wife and me saw a movie, shopped, sat in the gardens, had a nice indian meal and went for a spa treatment. It was a day well spent.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

Just got back on sunday from Bali and had 6hrs to kill. Arrived Singapore around 4pm T2 and dropped bags (hand luggage) off at left luggage directly above (to the left) of Arrivals Immigration. Already filled out a landing card flying from Denpasar to Bali.

Got the Metro to Chinatown (about 45mins) then Vivo city (Harbour front)

Please note when travelling to Bali via Singapore I asked at the Immigration desk at the arrivals area (just inquiry - stayed at airport) if I could go into Singapore during transit on my return. They asked what passport - UK/German - then they said ok.

I would just check that on your first departure from Singapore explain you will be returning via Singapore in transit and ask if you are allowed.

7. Re: 6-8 hrs at Changi - not many options?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 13:19