We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

Hi folks, we planed to travel to Singapore next spring on our way to Sri lanka. We are family of 5(myself, wife, 2 daughters aged 8, 7 and a little boy aged 15 months). I would like to stay in singapore for 2-4 days and then head to Sri Lanka. I would greatly appreciate if I can get some info on any good budget accomodation in Singapore that will accomodate all of us most preferably in one room. My maximum budget per day would be $100-$150(CAD). I'm wondering if some of the hotels would be able to accomodate us in one room? If they can give us a room with 2 double beds and then a crib or cot for my little son. All suggestions are welcome and looking forward to some great help with this. We would just like to explore Singapore with our kids and show them around before we head to Sri Lanka. Thank you all in advance for your suggestions.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
46,958 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

<<$100-$150(CAD)>>

Unfortunately the budget is ABSOLUTELY insufficient for 5 pers. accommodation in SIN, even in one room.

The majority of the hotel will accept only one child in the parents room. Some can allow 2 kids (Novotel, Holiday Inn - executive room).

Strand hotel and V hotel Lavender offer triple rooms that theoretically can fit your group but the rooms are tiny and speaking of comfort, the option is not really great for the family of five.

Serviced apt. is beyond your budget entirely, and they accept reservations for 7 nights only ( no less).

Suggestion: SIN is fairly EXPENSIVE city ( especially from the accommodation point of view), so please reconsider your budget/ room/ night or shorten your stay.

Edited: 14 November 2011, 06:26
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

well, I do understand the expensiveness of Singapore. With singapore, I guess I'll have to increase my budget. I'm only gonna be there for 2-3 days, and I can spend upto $200-225 CAD per nite. I'm not looking for 4/5 stars or luxury. As long as I can find a moderately clean and comfortable place to stay at, I'm happy with that. Any suggestions???

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,958 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

1/ <<Some can allow 2 adults+2 kids (Novotel, Holiday Inn - executive room).>>

a little boy aged 15 months will be no problem at all.

2/ Swissotel MC has a special kids room promo with 50% discount for the special themed kids room (interconnected with parents` room).

http://www.swissotel.com/EN/Destinations/Singapore/Swissotel+Merchant+Court/PROMOTIONS/web-offers/kids-room-special

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,553 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

How about Costa Sands Resort Downtown East? They have deluxe rooms with 4 single beds for less than S$150 a night.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

where is Costa Sands Resort located? is it far from all the main attractions, shopping and sightseeing areas? how expensive is taxi service to get around from this place?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,958 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

<<where is Costa Sands Resort located? is it far from all the main attractions, shopping and sightseeing areas? >>

Tel. No.: +65 6589 1865

Address: 1 Pasir Ris Close, Singapore 519599.

‎ · costasands.com.sg

The place is relatively close to the airport, but an hour or so from all the city attractions.

armidale
Level Contributor
188 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

We are a family of 4 with similar requests. Did you find anywhere yet? can you let me know if you are successful. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

nope...we haven't found anything that suites our budget or the preference yet...i'm actually thinking about even looking for 2 interconnecting rooms instead of a family room. Because the interconnecting rooms might be cheaper in cost compared to a family room. Booking.com is got so many options for family of 4. Check it out.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

Try the family rooms at the Strand hotel. It will accomadate your family easily and had a reasonably good location for a few $ more than your budget.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294265-d3383…

Edited: 16 November 2011, 06:32
Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
46,958 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: accomodation for family of 5 in Singapore

<family of 4 with 2 kids age 7 and 4 staying in singapore >>

Hotels that officially allows 2ad+2 chl in one room:

Check: