We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Hi All,

Tapping on a reply from one of the members, below are some attractions opening in mid / Q3 2012 that you should check out on your visit Singapore:

- Gardens by the Bay (opening June 2012), close to Sands Marina Bay (connected via a bridge to the gardens); featuring 2 giant temperature-controlled glasshouses and futuristic tree structures that will look amazing day and night!

http://www.gardensbythebay.org.sg/

- Marine Life Park / Equarius Water Park : touted as the world's largest ocenarium when it opens at Resorts World Sentosa. Unfortunately, I am not sure if the Equarius Water Park will open around the same time as well, though the local press reported they are doing the finishing touches to the parks. Both are scheduled to be opened in 2012.

-River Safari (opening 3rd Quarter 2012): part of the integrated wildlife park together with the famed Singapore Zoo and Night Safari.

http://riversafari.com.sg/

Singapore may be small - but it packs many exciting attractions that will tantalize your sights, sounds and smells. And the excellent transport system + compactness means you can pack a lot more on your trip!

Any questions - please ask!

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
Gardens by the Bay
45,495 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
10,819 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Resorts World Sentosa
Resorts World Sentosa
786 Reviews
Sentosa Island, Singapore
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
18,506 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Night Safari
Night Safari
9,825 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Not forgetting - tantalizing the tastebuds with every budget imagined!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,288 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

I will be in Singapore again in a few months but because of this post I would really really need to buy another ticket towards the end of 2012 to see the things mentioned above.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Hi Kegler,

Hope you have time to try out new attractions / experiences every time

you are in Singapore !

Enjoy!

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
19,288 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Thanks! I know that I will definitely enjoy my vacation in Singapore ;-)

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Norwich
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

I'm so glad i'm planning a 2013 visit. I saw a few pictures on this website a while ago - thethemeparkguy.com/park/equarius-water-park/

How many 'aquariums' will there be in Sentosa now with Marina Life Park being built? Isn't there one called 'Underwater World'??

Mentioned in this post
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Underwater World is a fish aquarium where u move around the travellator to see the fishes. Its been around for quite awhile already.

The Equarius water park looks like a water based theme park. There used to be one at Sentosa many years ago but it was closed down n demolished. Marine Life Park courted lots of controversy with its captured wild dolphins for display or something like that...

And the pandas are coming to Singapore Zoo too...

Mentioned in this post
Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo
18,506 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Norwich
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Has there been any further pictures taken of the development? As I mentioned above I've only see the ones from the Theme Park Guy website. It would be nice to see what it currently looking like (I'm fascinated by big construction project/engineering).

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
744 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Hi Stevelor,

I don't think there are many pictures on the web other than the one you mentioned. I have no feel of how big or small the park is - sorry. They are keeping things under wrap for both the Marine Life Park and Equirius I guess - hope they don't disappoint.

I think the concept of the marine life park

and te older underwater world Sentosa is going to be different. The former is likely to be more "open" based (given the scale of the project and the purported large gallons of water used for the park), whereas the latter is more indoor.

Will let you know if I come across anything.

Mentioned in this post
Norwich
Level Contributor
49 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

Fingers crossed peoples expectation of the new facilities are met. I'm more interested in Marine Life Park due to the scale and the figures given.

Interesting times ahead :)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Check out: New Attractions opening in 2012

<<<I'm fascinated by big construction project/engineering>>>

construction = messy job site + noise + dust + rushed job that finished on time but never quite work...