We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orchard Road, Marina or Clarke Quay to stay and best hotel

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Orchard Road, Marina or Clarke Quay to stay and best hotel

Hi I am travelling with my parents to Singapore for a week to help them celebrate there 50th Wedding Anniversary and also to visit the birthplace of my mum. My parents have been to Singapore on numerous occassions but a long time ago - last visit was in the early 80s!. We would like to stay 4 or 5 star budget of around $200 - $300 AUD per night - we want to shop, night markets, try great restaurants and then during the day sightsee - Zoo, Birdpark, Changi - any other suggestions and suggestions of best places to shop for fashion, shoes, homewares textiles and also interesting local designers and artists - Thanks!

Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
56,696 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orchard Road, Marina or Clarke Quay to stay and best hotel

1/ <<budget of around $200 - $300 AUD per night >>

SWiss MC

Swiss TS

REsidence @ SRC

Mandarin Oriental

Fullerton on the bay

2/ things to do

3/ <<uggestions of best places to shop for fashion,>>

Hailed as one of the best shopping districts in regions, Orchard Road is home to over 33 shopping malls and departmental stores – a total shopper’s haven! Novotel Singapore Clarke Quay is located just 5 minutes away from the shopping mecca which makes it a good base for the shopaholics.

Orchard Road caters to all kinds of shoppers. For the high-end shoppers, you’d be spoilt for choice with the different designer brands that are available. To name a few, there’s Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Hermes, Gucci and lots more. Affordable international brands can also be found along the bright district of Orchard such as GAP, Lacoste, Japanese brand’s Uniqlo and Muji, and just recently, Swedish fashion label, H&M opened in the heart of Orchard Road.

For the young, Far East Plaza is quite a popular shopping destination. Other popular malls in Orchard Road include ION Orchard, Paragon, Wisma Atria, Ngee Ann City, 313 @ Somerset and Plaza Singapura.

2. Re: Orchard Road, Marina or Clarke Quay to stay and best hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 04:17