We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chandigarh
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Topic
Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

It is not question - it is free advice to fellow travellers - never ever travel on this train even if it is free or tickets paid by someone else. The whole night on travel could be one big nightmare. Travel by road or by air but not by train. This is one area where the singapore and malaysian authorities have to work real hard.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

Are you able to share in more details as how bad it was? I am planning to do that with my two kids but am hesitate now after reading your remarks.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,767 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

The night train is absolutely fine ( well the 2 birth first class cabins anyway'. Done this journey twice, last time in 2009. The primary reason is to save a night hotel accommodation and not loose a day sightseeing/work by having to travel during the day.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
327 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

We did this journey in April last year. My 10 year old slept for the whole of this trip but I slept for about 2 hours, this was my own problem and I wouldn't blame the train or advise people not to go on it. It was a great adventure, it was noisy and there were several stops but it was fun, any questions ask away.

Jo

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,565 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

I've taken the night train twice, one occasion seated and another occasion on 2nd class sleeper. The sleeper was okay, seat carriages not so much. It's the cheapest way to get to/from KL and Singapore so obviously it is not as convenient or as quick as coach or plane and you need to manage your expectations.

5. Re: Night Train from Singapore to KL Sentral

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 07:17