We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

Junagadh, India
1 post
Save Topic
MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

How to reach Singapore Rly station (Woodland) from Changi Airport by MRT ?

Kindly reply on my email: sandeep_vasavada@rediffmail.com.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,125 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

Hi Sandeep,

If you are to take the MRT, you will need to transfer twice: at Tanah Merah and City Hall. And then continue by bus.

Not sure if you are traveling solo, but assuming you have luggage with you, taking a taxi would be most convenient.

Btw it is not advisable to include your personal contact in a public forum. Your inbox will be flooded with spam.

Edited: 03 January 2013, 07:03
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

U can also take Bus# 858 at the Public Bus Bay of any Airport Terminal to Woodland Regional Interchange & change to either one of this bus#

903, 911, 912, 913

publictransport.sg/content/…homepage.html

Journey by bus will be long too.

Bemuda/Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

i will be heading the opposite way, from woodlands to changi

i want to go cheaply i have only a backpack

bus or mrt? any suggestions?

Bemuda/Australia
Level Contributor
391 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

so i was thinking mrt from woodlands to city hall then hop on the line to changi.... is that right? what will that cost ? and how long will it take?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
48 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

Yup is right. Woodlands to cityhall is red line. And u switch to green line towards tanah merah which u switch again to the airport. I suppose less than 3sgd but probably the journey will take at most 2hour? Woodlands to city hall is a long way.

If you want you can try taking bus 168 from woodland to tampines and then train to tanah merah and so on. Quicker but I won't recommend for a tourist

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

Alternate bus route would be, from Woodlands regional interchange, take bus 168 to Tampines. Depending on travel conditon, fast could take 40min, slow 50min. So far only on few occasions that it had taken longer unless there is trave jam on the highway.

You will alight at the bus stop just opposite Tampines Regional Library. From the same stop, you can take bus 27 to airport. I don't really know the exact fare, probably $2 at most ? if you use ezlink card. I may be wrong because I am only used to taking 168 and changing buses all the way to custom, that cost $1.84 overall journey (both way same fare)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

There is NO Need to Take Bus# 168 then Half way change to Bus# 858,

When Bus# 858 Depart From the SAME Bus Terminal as Bus# 168 in Woodland Interchange.

As it is a Woodland Interchange To Changi Airport Loop service

And Adult Cash Fare is S$2.20 to either Changi Terminal 1 2 3 And For about 45min with Most Part of the Journey using the Expressway.

http://www.smrtbuses.com.sg/busguide/routedetails.asp?BusNo=858&Source=WOODLANDS+REG+INT&Destination=Changi+Airport+PTB+2+%28LOOP%29&BusType=A&ServiceType=T&start=0&end=35.6&dodf=1#35.6

U can also try selecting Bus Service# 858 in the Link below to see the Route Or Fare Calculator

publictransport.sg/content/…homepage.html

Cheers

Singapore
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

Once you arrived at Woodlands Train Checkpoint ( Railway Station ), board bus service 178, 911, 911E, 913, 913E or 950 ($1.10)(Around 15mins) from the busstop to Woodlands Bus Interchange. From Woodlands Bus Interchange, board 858 ($2.20)(Around 1h 20mins) to Changi Airport Bus Terminal.

This will be the most convenient way for you. Travelling by the MRT requires you to make 2 transfers and the journey takes around 1h 10mins. There's another option of you boarding bus service 168 from Woodlands Bus Interchange followed by a transfer to bus service 858 at a busstop along Jalan Kayu and saving 20-30mins of journey time, but I believe it will be much of a hassle too.

Edited: 25 March 2013, 16:44
9. Re: MRT from Changi Airport to woodland Railway Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2014, 04:15