We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

River Safari

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Topic
River Safari

Hi all,

Do anybody has any idea when River Safari will be opened?

Thank you.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: River Safari

No one knows, well if they do they are not telling. Early 2013 is the currently what is being mooted.

Manila
Level Contributor
29 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: River Safari

When I last checked the site, it says something like the first quarter of 2013. I think it's nice to be one of the first to see the attraction but we wouldn't want to pay full price if the animals aren't there yet (case in example, SEA Aquarium when it was opened).

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: River Safari

Thank you very much for the head ups. Hopefully all the animals would be there in the first quarter of 2013 and that I could be one of the first to see the attraction.

London, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: River Safari

I know that the Pandas are a zoo add-on. Is the river safari likely to be a separate attraction to the zoo or will you have to have zoo access to visit the safari?

Thanks.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,923 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: River Safari

THe pandas are currently a zoo add on - but all they have done is opened a path to their River Safari habitat from the zoo. The River Safari is and always has been set up to be a different park. I currently assume the access to the Pandas will be cut once the River Safari itself opens fully.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,403 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: River Safari

The River Safari will be a completely separate attraction like the Night Safari is.

When it's open the Panda exhibit will be part of the River Safari, and not available to zoo patrons as they are at the moment.

London, United...
Level Contributor
857 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: River Safari

Thanks for your reply.

The River Safari sounds like it will be great. It's odd that they haven't given a firm opening date yet as it must be fairly soon.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: River Safari

I was just at the zoo last Friday and the entrance to the panda exhibit is very near the main entrance at the moment - where the otters are(for those of you who may know the layout of the zoo). You have to get through part of the River Safari to get there. We passed through a "stork" enclosure/exhibit which had two storks but apart from that, all the other glass cases were still empty and we are halway through the first quarter of 2013... There was one supposedly with fish. All we could see was that there was water in it as there was black paper/thingy covering up the glass panels.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,004 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: River Safari

Updated Information in the Link below:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k622…

Malaysia
12 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: River Safari

Hi all,

Thanks for the update.

However, the link provided in that discussion does not work.

It reads...

"Page Not Found

The page you have requested is no longer avaliable.

Please return to the Relax homepage

or visit AsiaOne for the latest news and views."