We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

1 post
Save Topic
Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

I booked a flight to sg. I made sure that everything is allgood but the expiry dates were different when I saw the confirmation email. Month was supposed to be the day and the day was supposed to be the month. Would that be a problem ? Pls reply

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

<,Would that be a problem ? Pls reply>>

Once i had a similar issue ( not with Tiger but with full service carrier), and it was OK, none even cared to check closely. The issue is not THAT serous. Once my friend managed to switch his daughter`s first name and surname in the booking process. He call the airline ( full service) asking what to do, they confirmed that it`s a minor detail and no worry. Indeed the girl flew there and back again - no problem ( just be sure that to enter passport details during on-line check in as they appear in the BOOKING, not in your passport).

This is what i can tell you as a first hand experience.............

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

I would strongly suggest you ask the question to the airline we are not agents for Tiger only they can tell you the facts

Perth Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

To reassure yourself in a similar case to me, I rang tiger and they reissued a new confirmation via email at no charge. But do ring beforehand rather than just before you leave

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

I had a similar problem with names wrongly put, and I simply rang up the airline and they sorted it out within the day and emailed the new confirmation.

The main factors that airlines see during check-in are the name on ticket v the name on passport - this must be absolutely the same.

Even passport no is that important. I've had passports renewed many times after booking, and simply intimate the airline about the new passport no., and they are happy to make the change.

But the name MUST be absolutely the same. Regarding expiry date, I don't think they bother with that, but no harm in just calling them up anyway

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

expiry date is very important ..all airline check this to ensure you are holding a vaild passport before you are allowed to board the aircraft...generally there are three points of checking ..! ..when you check in ..2..Immigration..3 at the boarding gate

Johor Bahru...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

I just summit my booking of Tiger Air ,accidentally I type in the wrong month of the expiry date of the passport.I cannot find the "Edit" which I think of retype it pls help

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

Call the respective Airline Customer service for them to help U update.

Singapore, null...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

I booked a flight depart from Perth arrive to Singapore.I made sure that i put the right information but i realize that the expiry dates for my passport is different to what i key.Month was supposed to be the day and the day supposed to be the month .Would this be a problem.please reply.Thanks..

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Penang
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

I would suggest you direct the question to Tiger ..they are the best to give you the correct answer

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,663 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wrong expiry date of passport when i booked at tiger airways

<,Month was supposed to be the day and the day supposed to be the month .Would this be a problem.>>

Personally i did the same mistake once and get way without any corrections.... but the airline was not Tiger. So... to be on the safe side just confirm with airline of your travel.