We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling with a 2 year old

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Auckland Region...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling with a 2 year old

My wife and I will be travelling to singapore in October with a 2 year old, what would you recommend for getting around the city for our stop over, We will not have a car seat with us. Bus, Train, rent a car-seat and taxi around?

Thanks

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,541 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling with a 2 year old

Hi cmanz,

It all depends on how long you will be here for, where will you be staying and where you are going. If you are staying in the city centre, then you have the options of taking the bus/ MRT or even walking to tourist sites such as Marina Bay and Orchard Road. But if you are going to places not serve by the MRT and where traveling by bus takes up a lot of time such as the zoo, night safari, bird park, etc then you may need to consider taking the taxi although please note that taxis here do not have baby seats.

My 2c. Hope this helps with your planning..

singapore
Level Contributor
133 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling with a 2 year old

Buses are not stroller-friendly. So if you are travelling with a stroller, I suggest either MRT or taxi.

It is not mandatory for children to sit in car seat in taxi, the law only applies to private cars. So taxis here do not have car seats for children.

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling with a 2 year old

I think that the MRT and bus is great for kids. For buses, you can still see the city while on the bus. If you have a stroller, just fold it up. Bring a light weight umbrella stroller or one that is small and compact. The doors are wide enough for you to handle a toddler and yourself with a stroller strapped to your back. I've done it tons of times when my son was younger. But I do prefer the MRT as I don't have to fold it and then open it up, etc. Sheer laziness and convenience! ;-P

And yes, taxis do not have car seats. So if you are OK with that, then that can be another option.

Auckland Region...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling with a 2 year old

Thanks alot for everyones input.

We are staying for 2 nights so what would be 2 or 3 things to do with a toddler.

Thanks again

Asia
Level Contributor
4,187 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travelling with a 2 year old

The zoo - you can spend a whole day there with a toddler. There is a water play area, so bring your swim stuff and lots of sunblock. Don't know if your child will nap or not, but you can set aside a whole day for teh zoo - assuming your trip is toddler-centered.

Indoor play area: If you want to go to Orchard Road. there is a small indoor play area at the Paragon(5th floor) and another one at Forum Galleria (the other side of Orchard Road). Alternatively, there are play centres which you have to pay to enter...

But it really depends on what you want to see/do...

6. Re: travelling with a 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 05:17