We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

Hi all

I am currently booked via travel agent to go to Dubai and then onto Thailand and then home again. I have thought seriously about reducing stay in Phuket from 10 days to 7 days and then use those days and go to Singapore.

After booking my flights and hotel with my travel agent , I see that some of you book hotels yourself and this is what I plan to do with Singapore.

I have checked flights out which seems to cost about £90 with jet star but I have since heard they are not that reliable so may look for someone else and in terms of hotel, I checked on skyscanner and the hotel of my choice is coming up to be a bit pricey.

My question is do you know of any other sites similar to skyscanner or can you advise the best way to book a holiday from another destination as usual web sites that I would normally book via only give uk departure airports when I need to depart from Phuket.

My choice of hotel is pan pacific and when I called them their price was more than skyscanner so I am asking for help as I know there are many of you that handle your own flights and hotels yoursel so can maybe give me a couple of tips.

Please note, I am happy (ish) to pay what I'm being quoted for bu I just want to know that I have done my research and looked for the best rates and not chucked money down the drain.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Kelly

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

Flights from Phuket, Thailand (HKT) to Singapore (SIN)

Non-stop flights: 9–12 per day, 1h 50m duration

Airlines: Silkair, Jetstar Asia, Tiger, AirAsia

Silkair is a regional airline and is your best bet. Jetstar, Tiger and AirAsia are budget airlines. You can book flights directly with the airline website www.silkair.com.

For hotels, I often use www.asiatravel.com and www.wotif.com.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

For Asia Hotel (Except BKK), I also go with http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore/

But I also compare it to www.hotels.com

Silkair have a Good reputation with their flight schedule.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
58,539 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

<<, I checked on skyscanner and the hotel of my choice is coming up to be a bit pricey.>>

Hotels sin SIN are pricey on all hotel booking engines ( asiarooms, expedia, travelocity, booking, hotelclub etc)- no exception. The city is extremely popular destination and the demand dictates the offer................ The decent hotel options start from 150-170 USD ++, please mind the fact that hotel prices in SIN are quoted in ++ mode which means that 17.7% of tax and service charge will be added in TOTAL sum.

For precise hotel recommendation, please specify your budget/ room/ night???

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

Hi

Thanks for the tips, I will check those flight prices and take a look at silk air.

Jakatar -I was quoted 1500sgd for a 3 night stay which is roughly £250 per night which is about 380usd. This is the maximum I would pay and it is this price as I have opted for club level as its my final leg of journey I wanted to treat myself as an earlier bday present to me.

I like modern and simple sort of style hotels so after looking at pan pacific rooms I thought they looked very nice. I also like the style at Osia and The Quincy but they don't seem to have the same perks of location and reviews like the Pan PAC does.

Thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,539 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

<<Jakatar -I was quoted 1500sgd for a 3 night stay which is roughly £250 per night which is about 380usd. >>

What`s THIS????? I believe you intend to visit SIN, not JKT?????? You changed your mind?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

Hi there! I'm currently booking a surprise holiday in Singapore got my parents. I tend to look on sites like booking.com and hotels.com but then check the actual hotel websites as I've found better rates and specials direct from hotel sites.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

Thanks Kells, I will.

Jakartar, I am still going to sing, not sure why you think I have changed my mind. Maybe I have missed something.

Thanks

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,539 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

<< Maybe I have missed something.>>

Obviously.......................<<Jakartar>>????

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,648 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

So, why don't you tell me what I have missed out on then, I obviously don't understand your crypted messages. You asked my budget, etc and I simply advised what I had been quoted for one particular hotel and advised that would be my maximum. I believe I have answered your question.

Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
24,335 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Need advise regarding own booking of hotel

Hello Tenille M,

I think the little misunderstanding relates to you addressing our contributor as "Jakatar". Their displayed name is actually Schonefeld, and they are from Jakata.

Anyway, back to your question on Singapore Hotels.... I tend to use Wotif, Hotelclub or booking.com websites to compare and book Singapore hotels. Yes, hotels are quite expensive, and Pan Pacific (since its major renovation recently) is more expensive. Lovely hotel though. If you are happy with a price you find, book it as its a quality hotel. But if you want to explore cheaper options let us know your budget per night in SGD$ and we can all suggest others to investigate.

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore