We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

13 hours in singapore

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
adelaide,australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
13 hours in singapore

Hi I will have a short stopover in Singapore . October . getting in at 4.30 pm and checking back into singapore airport at 6.50 am next day .. Need a reasonably price hotel .. near the airport ??

I have no idea ..Also what is the visa issue here . do I get a overnight visa ? Transport from airport to hotel and back ?? what a the best ways? I know public transport is good there . but getting back to the airport I would have to be on time . .. Enough time to get a hotel good meal quick look around before I go to bed ready a early morning

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,282 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 13 hours in singapore

Hello,

If you are an Australian Citizen you don't need a Visa for Singapore.

You could make a booking for the Transit Hotel inside the airport terminal (there is one in each of the 3 Terminals at Changi airport - you can book blocks of 6 hours at a time), or there is the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Terminal 3, its lovely, but quite expensive.

Not many great hotels near the airport, but as its only half an hour from the city you also could book a hotel in the City Hall or Marina Bay area, and as you say - have a meal and a quick look around. Taxi from the airport would be the quickest, costing SGD$22 to 30. Also, there is the Airport Shuttle Service operating from all 3 Airport terminals. Costs SGD$9 per person. Just approach the staff at the Ground Transport Desk, after collecting your baggage. Tell them the name of your hotel, you may be asked to sit and wait for 5-10 mins, then the mini-van shuttle drops you off at your hotel (other passengers could be on board, so you may not be dropped off first). You will generally be at your hotel within 35-45 mins. Its an excellent service, I use it all the time.

If you are staying at a hotel in town, probably best to get Reception to book you a taxi for quite early in the morning to get back out to the Airport (allowing a couple of hours for all the formalities). There is also the public bus (No.36), or the MRT underground train system, but Taxi would be easier.

As its a brief overnight stay I would recommend these hotels if you plan to stay in town:-

3 to 3.5 star Hotels: Ibis Bencoolen

4 Stars:- The Carlton Hotel or Rendezvous Grand Hotel or Grand Park City Hall Hotel

If you let us know your Budget for the 1nts accommodation in AU$ or SGD$ we could all suggest others to investigate as well.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,802 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 13 hours in singapore

hey there,

1/ <<.Also what is the visa issue here .>>

Oz passport holders do not need a visa

2/ <<Need a reasonably price hotel .. near the airport ??>>

Three options here:

@@ airport transit hotel ( airside), the usage of which depends on the airlines you fly to and from SIN, please specify

@@ landside hotels near airport: Crowne Plaza changi, Changi Village hotel

@@ any city center hotel - 20 min of taxi ride - about 20-23 SGD/ one way.

Edited: 04 May 2013, 09:10
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,583 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 13 hours in singapore

If you are travelling on full service airlines or he same airlines and your checked bags are being transfered automatically, you can make a booking at the transit hotel from say midnight. Then you can head into town after you land for some sight seeing before returning o the airport and going airside with your boarding pass and checking into the hotel. This way you only need to book 6-7 hours so it will be much cheaper than a regular hotel and you can have a lie in in the morning and have to worry about rushing to the airport in time.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,146 posts
5,404 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 13 hours in singapore

I would heed the wise advise of Schonefeld and Mankster's for using the transit lounge, makes a lot of sense and would definitely maximize your limited time in Singapore.

adelaide,australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 13 hours in singapore

Thanks but I think I need somewhere to sleep .. Below $100 australian . Fly in with singapore airline ...

helps a bit with a discount .. Not rich so have to keep to a 2 to 3 star hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 13 hours in singapore

I would also do what Mankster suggested - much cheaper to do that and sleep at the Transit hotel (it's a hotel, not a lounge, so you get a bed and a shower) than try and get a room in town for the small price you want to pay

Edited: 07 May 2013, 05:00
adelaide,australia
Level Contributor
81 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 13 hours in singapore

second thought , I will try transit hotel in airport

Edited: 07 May 2013, 05:06
Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,630 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 13 hours in singapore

Hi andyjjj49,

Flying with SQ, you can stay aside at the transit hotel. Like Mankster said, you can book the hotel for a block of 6 hours and the cost is well below AU$100. You just need to have your boarding pass for your flight out of Singapore.

https:/…transit_hotel_reservation.html

Besides a taxi, a cheaper option is to take the MRT to the city for a bit of sightseeing and a meal, then make your way back to the airport for your stay at the transit hotel. In the morning all you need to do is to make your way to the departure gate. No headache of finding your way to the airport at 4 am the next day.

Hope this helps....

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,282 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 13 hours in singapore

Hello,

Transit hotel at each of the terminals are good. Sometimes I pay the higher price and get the room with ensuite bathroom, but when I need to save a bit on a long trip I just go for their budget room with bathroom down the hall. Its fine, and saves about AU$25-30. I think you won't regret booking into the Transit Hotel.

Edited: 07 May 2013, 06:05
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 13 hours in singapore

Make sure that you book the Transit Hotel in advance. Don't just turn up and expect them to have a room - it is very popular!!