We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Hi i have a few questions regarding booking a hotel via asia tavel online. As i have never used an online site like this i would like peoples opinions on it ie is it reputable, safe etc?

They seem to have a few good deals on atm with some hotel rooms at 50% off for when we want to stay and im just worried it may be too good to be true. Cheaper then i cen get via direct with the hotel.

You can also get free airport transfer and free city tour booking through them too is this all legit and genuine offers? If so is the city tour worth it?

Thankyou :)

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,529 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Asia travel is probably most reliable site for booking in Singapore, better than using a travel agent back home who will be of no help once you arrive in Singapore. Asia travel have offices in Singapore where you can walk up and speak to an agent or phone without having to worry about time differences.

Lake Forest...
Level Contributor
549 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Thanks for posting this question, craigsgirlie, and the positive answer, Mankster. I was wondering that myself. Nice to know there are local people to help.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Oh thats great to know the have offices in singapore!

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Asiatravel is a Singapore based company. They have physical offices in several cities around the region.

Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

HI craigsgirlie,

Just wondering if you ended up booking with AsiaTravel? ...if so did you have any issues??

Or has anyone else booked using this site?

Many thanks,

G&G

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

I have used Asiatravel to booked my Accommodation for some Asia region.

Their Hotel rate are transparent (U can see the total Amount & the Tax U need to pay before U go ahead to pay......Email confirmation are very efficient too.

U Cna also try comparing rate with the following site I used too:

http://sg.hotels.com/

http://www.hotelclub.com/

And sometime depend on which Hotel U looking at, they sometime have promotion on their own website, so U might want to try google Hotel Name with a Singapore & check it out.

Cheers

Edited: 11 December 2013, 07:00
Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Thanks Me^Only,

As you're from Singapore maybe you could also help me with advice on hotel? We're looking for budget hotel near MRT to make getting around easier ....any recommendations?? AsiaTravel have good rates for Fragrance Hotel Imperial near Lavender MRT ...would this be a good place to base ourselves as we want to go to Botanical gardens, Chinatown, Little India etc.

Happy to hear any advice

Cheers,

G&G

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,565 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Hello G&G,

Fragrance Imperial hotel is diagonally opposite the V Hotel Lavender. Unlike V Hotel, which sits on top of the Lavender MRT (EW line - direct to/ from the airport), imperial is located at a side street. So you'll need about 2-3 extra minutes of walking to get to the MRT and bus stop at Victoria Street. You can easily access the Kopitiam foodcourt, other food outlets and Cheers convenience store at the ground floor of V Hotel Lavender. There is a complimentary shuttle service from the bus stop at V Hotel that will take you to City Square Mall in Little India. You can take the MRT to Tanjong Pagar and then walk down Maxwell Road to get to Chinatown. For Botanical Gardens, I suggest you take a taxi.

Have you read the hotel reviews?

tripadvisor.com.sg/Hotel_Review-g294265-d101…

Imo, one of the better budget hotel especially with the swimming pool.

My $0.02.

Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Thanks you SingaporeNancy,

Hmmmm ....now I'm tossing up between V Hotel & Fragrance Imperial. Fragrance is cheaper but it would be nice to be directly above the MRT

Happy to hear any thoughts?

Cheers,

G&G

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Asia Travel Booking questions:)

Fragrance Hotel is a budget 2* hotel. If u do not have high expectation and just need a place to sleep then it is fine.