We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transtar Travel Coach Service

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transtar Travel Coach Service

Hi all,

we are planning to book our bus trip with Transtar Travel bus services from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur in August. I was wondering if someone can share their recent experience traveling with Transtar Travel (Solitaire) bus, its looks really nice on website with all those facilities on-board and comfy seats.

We are traveling with our 20 months old daughter, and I have emailed the company couple of times regarding seating but haven't got any response back yet.

I have few questions if someone can please answer them.

Is this(Transtar Travel) reputable company?

Does the bus makes any stops during the journey?

where does it drop off in KL?

thank you

Brisbane
Level Contributor
8 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

I believe its 10 Kg included but we had way more than that. They didn't give us any trouble. Our journey was very smooth, comfortable and relaxing considering we were travelling with our 18 months old daughter.

Actually, we were lucky enough to have whole lower deck of the bus for ourself. Food was very very average, we didn't have anything on board and waited till bus made a stop.

Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Never book Transtar Travel. Had very very bad experience recently on 22.03.2014 12:00 Noon coch (Code: RKL0140322SKP) while trvelling from KL to Singapore. Driver and attendent both were very rude. First bus driver misbehaved with my wife upon asking some help for my small kid. The same repeated with me when I tried to explain the same to bus attendent. It continued when bus stopped at Malaysia-Singapore immigration check point.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,478 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Jagat D, hi

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, i suggest to submit a complain letter to Transtar customer service.................

general@transtar.com.sg

http://www.transtar.com.sg/contact.php

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Hi Sabrina! My hubby and I are going on our honeymoon this June and interestingly, upon reading the thread of this discussion, have found out that our itinerary are pretty much very similar. Our first stop is Singapore too, then KL after three days, then Langkawi for our last stop. How did your trip go? Did you end up taking Transtar? How was it? I am trying to decide whether to go with Transtar, Aeroline, or Odyssey. Thanks!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
48,478 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Michelle G, hi

If you have a personal question to a member, please use PM. FYI the OP lost interest to the discussion more than a year ago..... on Jul 14, 2013.

1 post
Save Reply
26. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Have booked 3 solitaire coach tickets from Singapore to Kl on 14-dec-14, after being picked up point at golden miles, bus detour to resort world Sentosa to pick up more passenger. When approach the driver and the staff at the front desk of Transtar on the reason of extra route, they suggest to check with their management. Feel disappointed on time wasted on the additional route.

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
27. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Our family of 5 (one three-year-old child, one ten-year-old child, one 75-year-old adult and 2 other female adults) booked two-way seats to One Utama Shopping Complex on Transtar on 13 November 2014. Our departure from Singapore was scheduled for 8 a.m. on 19 December and return to Singapore was 5 p.m. on 22 December.

On 19 December, we boarded bus number AFT888 only to discover that one of our 5 seats was double-booked. Another passenger was also allocated the same seat. Luckily, there was another available seat and we were able to re-organise the seating arrangement. We were, however, unaware that this would be a beginning of a series of oversights that Transtar would make with regards to our transportation to Petaling Jaya.

On arrival at Petaling Jaya (7 HOURS LATER!), the bus driver proceeded to drop us by a kerb near what looked to be a highway which also seemed to be under some kind of construction. We were not dropped off at a proper bus stand or the bus terminal where the Transtar office is located. With our luggages, two children and a 75-year-old mother, we had to make our way precariously towards the One Utama Shopping Complex. At that point, we had no idea where the actual Transtar office was and had to return on another day to find it.

On the day of our departure, we arrived at the office at around 2 p.m. only to be told that it was too early to check in. Our departure time was 5 p.m. We left our luggages at the office and went off for lunch. Shortly after, at about 2.45 p.m. we received a call from the office staff informing us that a mistake from Singapore had been made. Seats have been OVER SUBSCRIBED and a van had been despatched to transfer us to Batu Cave where another bus would take us back to Singapore.

This was totally unacceptable. We were not yet done with our lunch. We were told that the van would leave at 3.30 p.m. In the first place, we did not have to check in at the bus office till 4 p.m. We also did not stay near One Utama. What would have happened if we had arrived only at 4 p.m. to be told that the bus could not make good our confirmed seats??

We were assured of the following by staff from the One Utama and Singapore offices after a number of terse telephone conversations:

There was a bus counter/office at the Batu Caves site

There would be plenty of seats on the bus at Batu Caves

We would be able to get seats together on the bus (please bear in mind that this was a necessity for us given the family members we had on this trip)

The bus at Batu Caves was a premium bus, single seats with entertainment screen and massage facilities

This was what happened instead:

There was a couple in the van also in a similar predicament. They were meant to leave at 3 p.m. from KL but instead had to go to Batu Caves too. Obviously Transtar oversubscribes passengers on a regular basis

We arrived to a bus load of people also waiting to board the same bus. There was no such bus counter or office in sight

The luggage compartment was full and the driver complained that our 2 trolley luggages were TOO MANY!!

Our family was separated to sit at different parts of the bus although when we first purchased our tickets, we had carefully selected our seats

The bus captain and driver told us loudly and angrily that we did not have to take the bus if we did not wish to and if we were unhappy, to take it up with the Singapore office. They were extremely rude and hostile towards us. It was as if they were doing us a HUGE favour by taking us on the bus. Maybe someone from Transtar should have informed them that we were paying customers

The seat I had was actually faulty, as it would not stay upright. PC66E is NOT, in my opinion, a premium bus. Other extra seat facility promised to us was totally non-existent

We had to ask for an emergency toilet stop as we were unaware that the bus would not stop until Yom Peng - almost 3.5 hours after departure!

Our family has been unduly stressed and distressed by this experience. We have been made to feel as if we were at the mercy of the bus company which did not offer sufficiently satisfactory explanation for the change. Mr Alvin from Singapore Transtar was also unable to provide us with any assistance despite all the calls we made directly to Singapore. Our final call to him upon boarding PC66E also proved futile as he did not return the call.

We are appalled by the extremely poor service received by this company. The staff were curt, downright rude in fact, unsympathetic and unyielding. Clearly this type of deceptive mode of operation is well-practiced by Transtar.

When we visited the Singapore office on Tuesday morning, we were told that the "bosses" were not around and would only be available in the afternoon. We were offered refund for one person, one-way for the inconvenience caused. According to Mr Alvin, it was "impossible" for them to refund any more than this. In fact, he happily advised me to go to CASE to lodge an official complaint if I wished.

I have yet to receive an official reply to my email.

Do think twice should you wish to take a coach to Malaysia.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
28. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

Pathetic service quality. Though may mot affext if you are used to poor service quality. I am buddhist amd i hate when people serve me butter covered dead animals to eat specially after they have asked my prefernces earlier.

- no wifi yet being one of the most expensive bus service

- tv is scratched, cant see display

- if you are vegetarian stay hungry or bring your own food or give up your religion.

Edited: 12 August 2015, 06:09
Taipei, Taiwan
6 posts
Save Reply
29. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

My latest experience from this bus service, last week from SIN to PEN at Friday 10pm.

-Departed 10pm

-Cleared Malaysia custom at 130am

-Tyre puncture after Air Hitam, JB stopped

-stop at Seremban highway rest place at 8am next day

-waiting for repair till 12noon still cannot fixed

As it's getting too late and the driver never inform everyone of anything, as well weather is getting hot and aircon bus is not cold. We decide to share taxi back to PEN

Reach PEN at 7pm that day.

From expectation of 8 hours travelling become 21 hours...

NOTE: You all judge on how good this bus service are.....

Even I went back for refund they still act like not serious on the matters. Wait when we prepare the cheque and send to you. If send I guess don't know when it will arrived again.... SO BAD SERVICE.

Edited: 10 May 2016, 07:12
Taipei, Taiwan
6 posts
Save Reply
30. Re: Transtar Travel Coach Service

I agree !!!!