We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore airport immigration

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore airport immigration

Flying into Changi airport from Phnom Penh and will be on a stop over for 11 hours before I fly to London Heathrow.

I really want to go to the Hard rock cafe which is after immigration in terminal 3.

Is it possible for me to go through immigration? Do I need to get a visa or anything. And also what limitations are there to go through immigration?

I have no idea about these kind of things as I am new to travelling.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,885 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore airport immigration

If you have a UK passport, you don't need a visa to enter Singapore. So you have plenty of time to visit the city and get back to the airport for your next flight. May be you want to visit th HardRock cafe in town on on Sentosa?

Regardless, the Hard Rock at Changi is in the Transit area of T3, so no need to go through immigration to reach it, all terminals are interconnected.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,878 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Hi Vicki C,

If you are a UK passport holder, you do not need a visa to enter Singapore. Furthermore, if you are flying with an LCC, generally you will need to clear immigration in order to collect your checked in luggage before you re-check in for your SIN-LHR flight.

With 11hours of stopover, that will give you time to see not only the Hard Rock Cafe but also a bit Singapore. After collecting you luggage, consider depositing them at Left Baggage at Changi Airport so that you can explore the city unencumbered.

changiairport.com/at-changi/…baggage-services

Hope this helps....

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Hey guys thanks for the info. I'm flying with singapore airlines and my luggage will be checked in through all the way to LHR. Its what happened when I flew to Phnom Penh.

Sadly my stop over is during the night but I just wanted to visit and get a tshirt. I know cheesy but I want to build a collection :)

I could depending on funds just go for a wander around singapore but I don't know how safe it would be at night as I am a single female traveler. Although I have just managed to make it all around cambodia on my own.

Singapore nancy - what is an LCC?

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,878 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Low cost carrier (budget airlines).

Edited: 07 August 2013, 18:00
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore airport immigration

"I could depending on funds just go for a wander around singapore but I don't know how safe it would be at night as I am a single female traveler. Although I have just managed to make it all around cambodia on my own."

====> If U make it all around cambodia on Ur own & still survive, Singapore would be just a pcs of Cake for U :D. And U will be surprise how easy it is compare to cambodia :D

If U could, Join the Free Singapore Tour that depart from Changi Airport. More information here:

singaporeair.com/en_UK/…

Cheers

Edited: 07 August 2013, 18:31
Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Singapore is actually safer than Cambodia. Use common sense and you'll experience one of the safest destination in the world.

As your are flying with Singapore airlines / Silkair you can get discounts at selected attractions should you want to visit the city on your own. Here is the list: singaporeair.com/microsite/global/bpp2012/sg…

Good places to wander around while on transit: Marina bay (a lot of things to see, many are free), bugis market and chinatown for cheap souvenirs.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,586 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Vicki C,

<<Sadly my stop over is during the night >>

1/ the free tour will not be available during the night time, for sure

2/ to have a better insight of what to suggest to you, please give us your exact timing of the stopover.

3/ SIN at night is much safer than all the SEA all together and England as well.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Never felt unsafe in Singapore - and i wander around during the day and night - oddly enough you very rarely see a police officer on patrol - but Singapore is very safe

Maidstone, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Might then go for a wander and see what happenens. I'm there for 12 hours technically but obviously need to be at the gate to get to my flight to LHR. I arrive at 9:10pm. Not majorly fussed about going out though just thought it may be better than being stuck inside the airport.

just thought I would find out what my options are.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Singapore airport immigration

Hello,

You may visit the city and go back to airport to stay overnight at the Transit hotel within the transit area. In the morning you'll just have to walk to your boarding gate. Booking ahead is advised harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel_roomra…