We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please, please help with an itinerary

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Please, please help with an itinerary

I'm looking for some help planning an itinerary. We arrive Singapore 18.50 on 5/12/13 and have to check in on a cruise 07/12/13 the ship does'nt sail to the next day giving us 2 days/nights to fit our plans in. I'm not sure what the latest check in time would be for the cruise, so was wondering whether to check in and go back out to do more sight seeing rather than checking in late? I would appreciate tips for both a late afternoon check in and an early one with more sight seeing into the afternoon and evening.

Our list of wants are Arab Street ( our hotel is 5 minutes way so was considering having a look around the evening we arrive about 21.30 hopefully ) China Town and Orchard road ( all shopping area's are for a quick look around, we are not big shoppers just want to see the area's ) Singapore Flyer, Merlion and Light show, Bum Boat around Harbour, Singapore Sling in Raffles, one or two drinks in 1-Altitude ( not at night when the club thing is happening! ) and Hubbie wants to zipwire in Sentosa and have a look around. Phew is that doable in 2 days?

We don't care how late we are to bed or how early we have to get up, we can catch up at sea!

All advise and tips would be greatly welcomed, Many Thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
45 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

Hi, I m not sure if the Christmas lightings and decorations are up by first week of December. If they are, then orchard/somerset (same stretch down the road) is a great place to go due to the lightings/deco & atmosphere. Otherwise, I won't recommend orchard as everything is expensive and it is very crowded.

I recommend that u go arab street, Haji lane near Arab street is a stretch of shop houses selling apparels etc (definitely more interesting than international brands in orchard). You may google about it. You can do this area in 1 to 1.5 hours if u r fast enough.

Not much shopping in china town but I think it is a must go for tourists or even as a local, I visit there on few occasions in a year. Try the barbecue pork (Bak kwa) from fragrance, bee Cheng hiang or lim Chee guan at china town. You can hv lunch/dinner ard here.

In the evening u can go to Fullerton area/Merlion park for the MBS light show. There are two shows, 8 and 9.30pm. One-altitude is nearby Fullerton (walkable).

sentosa u hv to go early as there are many activities n u may need a full day there. Think there are fireworks from the universal studio every fri n sat night. U may check out websites on google about it. Can shop around vivocity thereafter (mega mall with lots of eateries).

Bear in mind that most shops in the shopping centres open till 9pm only unless there is extended shopping hrs for Xmas in dec. shops at haji lane closes earlier.

Mustafa centre opens 24 hours. You may go there for late night shopping and for supper nearby there is a dim sum cafe which operates till late, Swee Choon.

Oh there is a crane dance light show at sentosa. It's quite interesting. Google about it.

Hope the above helps! I also did some research recently as I showed my client around Singapore for two evenings.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,285 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

Hello,

Sounds like you have already worked out what you want to see and do. I suggest you buy Ez-Link Cards at your nearest MRT Station (if your hotel is 5 mins from Arab Street then the nearest MRT would be Bugis). These stored value cards are great for tapping on and off for MRT Underground Trains and buses. You can use them throughout your stay to zip around Singapore easily. The bus network is great, eg. several buses ply the route along Orchard Road and stop beside Raffles Hotel and go up to the Suntec/Marina area, or up Victoria Street from Bugis, or right down through Chinatown, and down to Vivo City Mall at Harbourfront to get the Sentosa Express monorail over to the Island. Some might say it would be easier just to take taxis everywhere, but all the things you want to see and do are within walking distance of an MRT Station, so give it a go. Google an MRT Map of Singapore to see what stations to use.

You may as well go for it and fit as much in as possible, but there are plenty of places to grab a meal and drink and a short rest in between areas.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,806 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

<,All advise and tips would be greatly welcomed,>>

yoursingapore.com

tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g294262-Activiti…

http://gothere.sg/maps

Bracknell, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

Thank you guys for your prompt replies.

Singapore
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

On your first night after checking in you can have a wander around Arab St, Haji Lane as suggested above. A later dinner of Indian Muslim if up for it (spicy) at Zam Zam on North Bridge Road and a nightcap at a bar along Haji Lane. The next day start early in Chinatown. Have breakfast at say Smith St hawker centre then wander around there to check out temples, souvenirs. Then MRT to Orchard Road for your look round. afternoon, head to Clarke Quay to get your river bum boat ride towards Fullerton. Get off for Merlion, cross to Gardens By the Bay and Skypark or Flyer (not both, view about the same). Dinner at Marina Bay Sands foodcourt or try Din Tai Fung. Catch light show at 8 pm. Then walk towards City Hall, cross the road to Raffles for your drink, then wander in the direction of Bugis (checking out the outdoor market if so inclined) and back to your hotel. The last day if your ship docks at Harbourfront you can easily hop to Sentosa after checking in and do what you gotta do there. If you don't want to spend a full day in Sentosa you could check out Little India in the morning before checking out of your hotel and heading over.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,806 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

holidaygenie,

you`re welcome... happy planning!

7. Re: Please, please help with an itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:19