We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

Jakarta
Level Contributor
70 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

hello again...

any suggestions for best view at Botanic Garden for photo sessions ?

thank you

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

That iconic S$5 dollar Tree + The Giant Terminalia Tree + The Bandstand + The national orchid Garden & many more.

Infact, everywhere in the Garden are Nice, depend on ur Camera Angle :D.

U can actually click on the icon on the Attractions Map to get an idea of wat U will be looking at:

www.sbg.org.sg/tanglincore/tanglincore.asp

==> U can also hoover Ur mouse over the Word Attractions & U will have More options

Some blog photo here:

www.eddy2099.com/singapore-botanic-gardens/

…wordpress.com/2012/…

Enjoy

Jakarta
Level Contributor
70 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

Thank you Me^Only... your suggestions are precious...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

Have Fun :D

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

Essentially suggesting the best is impossible - its too subjective and there's way to many options.

However in addition to the ones listed by Me^Only (and the bandstand mentioned there would be in my list as well) - here's a few more ideas.

The National Orchid Garden has a number of designated photo spots - these are fairly obvious as you walk round and the assorted settings aim to frame the subjects with orchids - works well for couple's photography

As well as the bandstand, any of the sculptures can be used to frame a good photo. The Italianate Garden is quite popular for this sort of thing and I have see a number of couples having that done (either by a professional or they were models for a pro shoot) - if you can get it right the water in the foreground then the couple in the pergola area at one end works nicely.

Around Swan Lake there are a number of wooden booth/shelters that work well (again have seen either wedding shots, or modelled shots for bridal catalogues being taken round there).

There is a small waterfall by the coach park entrance just down from the ginger garden which is popular for visitors to get snapped in front of - or in the grotto behind. The outside shot probably works better for a nice couples photo. Similarly by the visitors centre area there is a fountain that works well.

As you move on from Swan Lake there is a sweeping garden down to another body of water with a big amphitheatre....you don't want the amphitheatre in shot but a middle distance shot covering you and the background sweeping away and down would work nicely. The Ecolake can be composed in the same way.

All those work for a well posed, and composed, shot but for a more fun/spontaneous shot the giant marble water feature would work too. Moving ball, water in shot if you can get it. THere are a couple of places in the Palm walk that would work for this sort of less formal shot as well - Tanglin end of the walk by the steps up, there's a couple of benchs and wooden structures that fit with the trees.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,329 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

Hello,

I got some good photos in the Evolution Garden.

Also I was fascinated by locals (often elderly folks) doing tai chi or other forms of exercise within the Botanic Gardens. I got some lovely graceful shots of them going through their morning exercise routines against the backdrop of the the gardens.

6. Re: Best view of Botanic Gardens for couple photo session

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:20