We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
277 reviews
Save Topic
Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

Good Morning Everyone

We return to Singapore for 5 days in February and I was wondering if there are many people who have either stayed at both of these hotels or gone through the same reasoning I am!

On our last trip we stayed at the Swissotel and while the location is great we were not overly impressed with the bathroom/view from the Swiss Advantage Room (second room class from the base).

On this trip I can get the Swiss Advantage Room for SGD $238.00 OR the Executive Studio for $366.00 including drinks in the lounge.

By comparison Pan Pacific is $279.00 for the base level room), $315.00 for the Panoramic or $360.00 for the Harbour Studio. I am pretty sure I get the free breakfast with these prices, but it’s not a deal breaker. Pacific Club is more than I am willing to spend.

It appears with the Singapore Airline passes I can probably get free breakfast at both (if I could not I will happily eat Yakun Kaya toast wherever I go) and Wi-Fi is included at both.

My understanding is the Pan Pacific rooms are about 10m square bigger and the hotel as a whole is recently refurbished.

So my long winded question is - faced with these two options what do you think would be the better choice.

We'll be essentially doing the standard tourist activities such as visiting the Zoo/River Safari, spending some time on Sentosa, wandering through China Town, Orchard Road, maybe doing the Flyer (Mr Pug Hugger does not like heights) etc.

People's thoughts are much appreciated!

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
8,449 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Orchard Road
Orchard Road
11,152 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,470 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

Hello,

If you have already stayed at Swissotel Merchant Court I would go for Pan Pacific in the Marina Bay area. Much nicer hotel and rooms, and its a higher class of hotel than Swiss MC. So I would go for the highest category room I could afford at PP - especially with a Harbour View. Or, what about Parkroyal on Pickering - similar location to Swiss MC, but very stylish.

Mentioned in this post
Swissotel Merchant Court Singapore
Swissotel Merchant Court...
5,423 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
8,449 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Marina Bay
Marina Bay
10,924 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

Oh the Park Royal is very pretty indeeed! Will look into that one too!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
25,470 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

Yes, Parkroyal on Pickering is new, has very striking architecture and style. Rooms aren't huge, but the location is great. Price range should be in-between Swiss MC and Pan Pacific.

Mentioned in this post
Pan Pacific Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
8,449 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
13,833 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

Yes, having stayed in both hotels I think the Pan Pacific is well worth the premium. Both location and hotel and rooms are superior.

Mentioned in this post
Pan Pacific Singapore
Pan Pacific Singapore
8,449 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java, Singapore
Level Contributor
59,501 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

As Swiss MC is my personal fav. best in SIN and in my fav. prime location - Clarke Quay, i would not pay extra for PP, that`s about ME.... the decision is yours.

Mentioned in this post
Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay
2,837 Reviews
Singapore, Singapore
6. Re: Swissotel MC vs Pan Pacific Singapore - Worth the Extra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2014, 05:18