We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

I've recently booked a package from M Asia via Groupon. Some things don't add up so I checked M Asia out online and saw some major bad reviews about this place.

1) Flight details. I was told that flights weren't available on the date I requested even though I had checked availability of flights before I went to the agency. They told me that as it was a package, flights will not be available on the requested date even if I were to top up an amount. Now, I'm not a travel agent or airport staff so I accepted their reasoning and changed the date of the package. And paid an extra S$30 per pax for the flight.

2) During the 3-5 days period I had to wait while they collated everything, I was told that the hotel that I had paid additionally for was fully booked and they would be looking for other hotels. Hotel they finally "managed to secure" was the cheaper hotel that was stated in the deal.

3) Now, I'm told that there will be some changes in timing in some part that I never got a chance to clarify.

All in all, I've paid around S$900 for a 3D2N Phuket trip. I need to know whether this is their modus operandi because the vacation is less than a week away. I don't care about the refund but I don't wanna have a bad experience in another country on my birthday.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,438 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

Hello,

That doesn't sound good. Have you made any enquiries or complaints to the relevant Consumer protection authorities?

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,443 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

sherrievanessa,

If you have joined the forum earlier ( before booking and paying money) and read the topic

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294262-i1747-k458…

you would NEVER buy anything from them.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Taipei
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

Man, that was 1 very expensive trip to Phuket. I could have stay 2 week in Vietnam (7 day in Ho Chi Minh & 7 day in Hanoi) with that $$$ (Included Airfare). Or 4 Day 3 Nite in Koh Samui or Krabi (4 star resort with Airfare).......

Take it as Lesson Learn :D Spread the word, after Ur trip.

Edited: 24 September 2013, 08:32
Singapore
Level Contributor
2 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

Well, I'm back from the trip. I guess I got really lucky cos everything went smoothly. No additional payments, no nasty surprises. Everything went really well, thank god. Still, thank you for your input cos it put me on my guard :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,438 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

Hello,

It always wise to be wary of holiday deals, and independently do price comparisons of your own to see if the amazing special prices are real. I never rely on any Travel Agent or company to organise my travels. These days its so easy to plan and book everything yourself, after careful research.

I am so happy that your trip went well, and you had no issues. Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

6. Re: M Asia Travels Modus Operandi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:17