We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to shop in Singapore

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to shop in Singapore

Hi all, I am travelling to the US in December. After that I will be in Singapore for three days before I head back. Is that enough time to shop? I am looking to do all kinds of shopping (more like my wife does) When I say high end, markets, everything. If anybody can give me the best places from both sides of the spectrum, it would be much appreciated.

Maxwell Food Centre
Flea & Street Markets, Points of Interest & Landmarks
ION Orchard
Observatories & Planetariums, Shopping Malls
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
22,961 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

Hello,

The Singapore tourism website www.yoursingapore.com has a good section on Shopping and information on shopping in areas like Little India, Chinatown, or Kampong Glam/Haji Lane.

Also, the website for Orchard road will give you (or your wife) a taste of whats available in all the malls along Orchard.

http://www.orchardroad.org/

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9,525 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

Hi Vishesh P,

Singapore is no longer a shoppers' paradise. Things are expensive, especially with the strong SGD. Imo, low end shopping is at Mustafa and Bugis Village. Mid-level to high end is at Orchard Road and at other malls around town as the prices are comparable. But high, high end are the marquee / designer names at Orchard and at The shoppe at Marina Bay Sands.

Happy shopping!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,010 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

If U are after High End, I suggest U go shop in US......The Branded Stuff in the Outlet Mall are the best & Cheap compare to SG :D....

Just type Outlet mall USA & U get the whole list

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

For high end shopping, I recommend Ion, Paragon and Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands. Hilton Hotel and Raffles Hotel have a few boutiques such as Club 21, Comme des Garcons, Issey Miyake, Lanvin, APC and Visvim too.

For regular shopping, you can go to other malls in Orchard Road and City Hall area.

For cheaper shopping, try Mustafa in Little India, Chinatown, Bugis Street and Kampong Glam/ Haji Lane.

As tourists, you get to enjoy tax refund. In the USA you do not enjoy such benefits and different states have different tax rates.

5. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 October 2013, 09:35
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

Thanks for the help guys. Looks like I will hold off high end shopping until I visit the States then.

7. Re: Where to shop in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 05:21