We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

Hi all

I am not sure how many of you are aware of senior discounts for accommodation in Singapore, so I thought I would provide some information. Hope it is helpful :)

As I am travelling with my 80 year old grandmother, I enquired into senior discounts at hotels. It turns out many of the 4-5 star hotels (not all) offer 10-15% discount on accommodation (eg Intercontinental, Grand Hyatt, Holiday Inn). My research indicates that the room rate is often equal to the standard advanced pre-paid rate, but instead of being non cancellable and non refundable, the senior rate allows for cancellation. Often you can select the senior rate when looking at reservations on the hotel's website. The conditions usually are that the senior is over 65 and presents ID upon check in.

I think this policy may apply to several hotel chains across Asia as we are also looking to go to Hong Kong and the likes of Conrad, JW Marriott etc offer senior discounts.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

Thank U, that is good to know...........

If U are on Accor Member, U will also get better discount :D Have U sign up :D

www.accorhotels.com/gb/leclub/index.shtml

===> Great sale Everytime.......especially if U're traveling to a few country in Asia :D......

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,130 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

That's good information, I am sure there are a lot of people like me unaware of this.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
51,790 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

I actually KNEW about this option, but the feature is RARELY used as senior citizens seldom travel independently , but in the company of family member who usually do all bookings and travel decision. Probably THAT`s why this question is not widely discussed on the forum.

zomp416, thanks for bringing this UP...... ( Out of curiosity , are you he Great Game fan?)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

The great game fan?

I must come across as an awful granddaughter that I am not paying for my grandmother. She has worked very hard in her younger years and in old age, is enjoying the comforts of this and refuses to allow me to contribute to the holiday (we have argued on this point several times).

Any ideas on something special I can take her to in Singapore whether it be a show, restaurant etc to show my graditude? I thought I would surprise her in Macau with tickets to House of Dancing Water but was thinking it would be nice to do something in Singapore too.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

When will U be visiting us with ur Grandma? We can help to see if there is any show / thing that U can check out.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,501 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

15-22 January 2014.

I thought I could take her to the Ritz Carlton for Sunday champagne brunch. Is it as good as people say?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

Ritz Carlton - GreenHouse Sunday champagne brunch is One of the best :D

Some Blog review about it:

http://www.keropokman.com/2013/10/autumn-vintage-champagne-sunday-brunch.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+singapuradailymakan+%28Singapura+Daily+Makan+Photo%29

six-and-seven.com/2013/…

More Brunch Selection here:

thehoneycombers.com/singapore/2013/08/best-h…

Enjoy

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,749 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

Hello,

Senior discounts - one more reason to enjoy getting older!! I certainly will be taking advantage of them when the time comes. Thanks zomp416 for letting us know.

9. Re: Discounts for senior travellers - accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:20