We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

My husband and I would be taking a Thai Airways flight (Kathmandu-Bangkok) and arriving at Changi Airport at 22.45pm on 30th Dec, Mon night.

Our next flight out of Singapore to Kuala Lumpur by AirAsia is at 10am, Dec 31st, Tuesday.

We intend to stay for the night at the Airport transit Hotel. We thought that we would like to have a full 6 hours of sleep from 12midnight to 6am the next day. We also would like to book the correct Terminal Transit Hotel.

Questions:

1. Which Check in option is better for us to select:

i. reservation based on the Flight Details, or

ii. Reservation based on the Check in Check out time.

If Chose #1, what happens if the Thai Airways flight is delayed at ETA, how is the hotel rate being counted, from what time it starts to charge us?

If chosen #2, we specify that we want to book at 12midnight, but due to flight delay, we only arrive at a little later, lets say about 1am. is the hotel charging us from from 12midnight onwards, even though we have not utilize the facilities yet?

Q2.

i. Which Transit Hotel, in which Terminal 1,2 or 3, shall we book?

I checked at Changi website that says Thai Airways lands at Terminal 1. AirAsia that goes to Kuala Lumpur too departs from Terminal 1. Is the info up to date?

Appreciate if somebody can guide us on this matter. Thank you.

Regards,

Ruby Song

Kuala lumpur

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
873 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

Both Thai Airways and Airasia use Terminal 1.

For the transit hotel, you should write in to them and ask them about the charges but according to their website

harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.html:

Confirmed booking with Flight details will be held for 90 minutes after arrival of aircraft.

Confirmed booking with check-in time will be held for 60 minutes.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

Dear HotSpot78,

Thank you very much for your speedy respond. The info given is helpful. We shall make a booking with the hotel real soon.

Once again, Thank you.

Regards,

Ruby Song

Edited: 05 November 2013, 06:27
Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

harilelahospitality.com/transit_hotel.html:

Book in advance, the Transit hotel is AWFULLY popular, they may be even have no room for your dates of travel, in this case ask to put you on the waiting list.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

Dear Schonfeld,

Thanks for the advice.

I have done the booking and received reply. However we will make a phone call directly to get my confirmation via mail.

Yeah, the booking date is at peak time of year, hope the a room for us is still available.

Thanks Schonfeld.

Regards,

Ruby Song

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
52,409 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

RubySong,

you`re most welcome... any time!

6. Re: how to book a room at Singapore Airport transit hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2014, 05:17