We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Singapore during dec

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Singapore during dec

Hi All,

We are planning for a 5 night/6days trip to singapore during 1st week this Dec.

Just wanted to know if rain would be a spoilsport / weather too humid during our stay as I read the forum that this is a rainy season. Would I still be able to enjoy our sightseeing and various tourist attractions here.

Thanks

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Singapore during dec

Although Dec is rainy season in Singapore, you still enjoy tourist attractions here.

n Dec the mornings and evenings are slightly cooler (perhaps 23*-25*C) as compared to the other mths (27*C).

In the day it might reach 28*-30*C, whereas in other mths it might reach 32*- 33*C.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,307 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Singapore during dec

karan1981, hey there,

I bet you have non-refundable air-tickets...so .. rain or no rain - you GO to SIN.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
112 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Singapore during dec

Thanks.

Schonefeld I am just about to book the same, havent booked as yet, though yes they are not refundable.

But just wanted to have inputs regarding the rain during Dec.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Singapore during dec

Expect thunderstorms in most days.. if thats too much too handle better go elsewhere...

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Singapore during dec

Weather? According to the News Article below:

"On average, there are usually 19 rainy days each in November and December, and 15 in January, according to the MSS. The numbers are expected to be slightly higher this season."

channelnewsasia.com/news/…864528.html

The Good thing is, it going to cool down the temperature in Singapore.

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
13,303 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Singapore during dec

Singapore is on the equator so weather and temperature are pretty much the same year round. It probably rains somewhere in Singapore most days of the year. December has more rain than say June. Rain rarely lasts more than an hour and rarely covers the whole Island at he same time. So if its raining in Sentosa it may not be raining in the Zoo etc. I will be in Singapore for 6 days next month as part of a family holiday, and I know the weather won't spoil anything for us.

7. Re: Singapore during dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 05:18