We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's on in Singapore next May?

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
What's on in Singapore next May?

Hi folks, we will be in Singapore mid-May 2014 and yet to book accomm, our first preference is the Fairmont as we stayed there this year and loved it. However checking prices, both on booking sites and direct with hotel, the nightly rate has increased over the past few weeks to over $400/SGD a night, this is beyond our budget. Is there some special event at this time? I am inclined to leave booking until later and go for a latestays deal (as we did this year when we were not happy with the hotel we pre-booked) but of course this would be risky if there is a big event at the time. Thanks for any advice.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,449 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

Hello,

Could just be too early to get cheaper rates, though sometimes you can get some good early-bird specials if you are prepared to lock in a booking. Just keep checking every week and grab the best deal you are happy with.

I just looked on Booking.com website and Fairmont was Sgd$360 a night for May, 2014.

Edited: 16 November 2013, 01:32
Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,449 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

Hi again,

Qantas website (you don't need to fly with them to do hotel bookings) has Fairmont for Sgd$330 nt Deluxe Room - I just selected a random date in May, 2014. Looks like you might just have to keep shopping around as there are some good prices out there.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
2,342 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

Thanks Avanti, that is a better price....we will wait and monitor prices. The only event I could find at this time is Vesak Day, a buddhist cultural celebration which is on the day after we arrive.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,449 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

Hi again,

Prices fluctuate, but I generally find Fri, Sat and Sunday nights cheaper than weekdays. I usually check and compare Qantas, Hotelclub website, booking.com and Wotif. Sometimes there are amazing deals that you have to grab immediately. The Fairmont will be great, so I hope you can find the price you want.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11,002 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

There are only 2 Public Holiday in Singapore for May:

mom.gov.sg/employment-practices/leave-and-ho…

Unfortunately, u will miss the Istana Open House on 1 May; else U can roam thru the normally tight security compound for a look see :D.......

U can also be on the mailing List of the following Hotel booking site & receive discount promotion email:

http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore.html

http://sg.hotels.com/

http://www.hotelclub.com/

Cheers

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

yeh Ive found that as wellwe are travelling end of may. Im thinking it might be a more expensive time of the year because of seasons May is almost 3 times the price of feb?

7. Re: What's on in Singapore next May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:21