We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best family hostel to stay at in Singapore

Darwin, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Best family hostel to stay at in Singapore

We are going to Singapore in July - August 2014 with a 15 yr & 12 yr, I was wanting some feed back about what would be the best hostel for us to stay at. Accommodation is so expensive there & we are more interested in sight seeing. Also what are the most interesting things to do in Singapore on an budget.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
20,329 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best family hostel to stay at in Singapore

Hello,

Yes, accommodation is rather expensive in Singapore, but there are some great hostels with modern facilities and they are family friendly, and in great locations for sightseeing. Sightseeing doesn't have to cost the earth, as I find dozens of cheap and interesting things to do on each trip. These two links might help (they and many more useful links are in the Top Questions section on the right-hand side of your screen)

Hostel Accommodation

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294262-c198409/Singa…

Things to do for free (or under Sgd$5 per person)

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g294265-c201796/Si…

Hope these help.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
951 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best family hostel to stay at in Singapore

What is your budget per night? You can get family rooms at YMCA Orchard rd and YWCA Fort Canning Lodge. My family will be staying in a family room at one of the Hotel 81's in January.They have some cheaper deals on Expedia, Agoda etc. I will do a review when I get back home. Or are you looking at hostels like 5 Footway chain?

3. Re: Best family hostel to stay at in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:17