We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

Erlangen, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

Hi,

I´ll be in Singapore in holidays with my boyfriend and I would like to know if it will be a problem to book a room with just one bed, or should we book a room with separate beds. Are the hotels conservative with this point?

Thanks,

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
50,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

No problem at all, none will even put a second glance on your reservation and etc............book with confidence and travel safely!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

There are countless of hotel bookings everyday of people with the same gender staying in 1 room and hotels would not even know if they are straight or gay as it is not there business to know and they would not even have a clue unless you tell them that you are gay.

Erlangen, Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

Hi, thank you for your answers, I´m happy to hear that. I asked to my embassy and they say we should even book different rooms! I found that quite strange, but as I was never in Singapore I wanted to be sure rather than having an unexpected problem.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

you are welcome... and have no worry!

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,549 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

''I asked to my embassy and they say we should even book different rooms!''

Whoever told you that is an IDIOT and clearly never travels anywhere.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
50,563 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

ddiggs,

LOL.... i was going to say the same. ( you just put it in MORE delicate manner)

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

Hello, at check-in the hotel staff at reception desk may ask if you prefer a twin bed room rather than a double bed room, just confirm you want a double bed room.

No offense in such question: the staff would presume there may be an error in your reservation and just want to confirm the room type.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

Just in case you need any more confirmation, I have stayed with my husband in the same room at the Scarlet and New Majestic (highly recommended!) hotels, and no one blinked an eye. I can't imagine anyone at any major Singapore hotel caring who you go to bed with.

Edited: 04 March 2014, 21:14
Bangkok, Thailand
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

I don't think they will even notice. My Burmese friends (straight men) usually share beds while they are traveling. They are not so sensitive with physical intimacy over here in Asia.

10. Re: Sharing a bed in a Hotel (gay)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2015, 06:28