We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Temerature

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Room Temerature

We're considering the following five Singapore hotels:

Rafffles

Ritz-Carlton - Millenia

Mandarin Oriental

Four Seasons

Fairmont.

Ability to cool the room at night is important to us. What's the best way to learn about this in advance?

-Jerry

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,285 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Temerature

Hello,

All Singapore hotel rooms are fully Air-Conditioned. Certainly all those hotels you have on your list are top quality, 5 star hotels. They will have adjustable temperature dial, or digital display with up/down buttons so you can usually select a suitable temperature for your particular needs.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Temerature

We have read that some five-star hotels do not permit lowering the room temps below 20 C.

Can anybody tell us more?

-Jerry

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,735 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Temerature

There's no better way to know than asking the hotels directly. All of those 5-star hotels answer email inquiries promptly.

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,845 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Temerature

I can't imagine any of those ''top hotels'' telling their guests what Temperature they can have their rooms, day or night. I've certainly never stayed in an hotel that had air/con that I couldn't control, Why would they care what temperature a guests prefers their room. Surely that's the whole point of a five star hotel, choice.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
3,022 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room Temerature

>>We have read that some five-star hotels do not permit lowering the room temps below 20 C.

<<

Putting aside my puzzlement why one would want the room below 20 degree C, any such restriction would probably be due to the airconditioning system limitations and the excessive energy consumption involved.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel
Level Contributor
18,285 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room Temerature

I also like air-con temp to be quite cool, but often I have come back to my room late afternoon and put in the room key card and the air-con comes on and the housekeeping staff have put it down to 18 degrees. After about an hour it needs to be adjusted up to 22-23 degrees or else it is too chilly.

If you have a specific health condition that requires you to be able to adjust the temperature often, then any of these 5 star hotels will be fine. You should be able to make the room as cool as you want during the night.

Luxembourg
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,542 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room Temerature

Hello, the A/C system at Raffles can make rooms pretty chilly. Also rooms have fans fixed on the ceiling and you can control their speed. Combining A/C with fans and you can get the room extremelly chilly imo...

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
47,809 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Room Temerature

Oh, I remember a visitor some years ago who was asking about raising the swimming pool temperature at some hotels in SIN and she was UNHAPPY with the info provide by the hotels.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
366 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Room Temerature

we stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Scott's rd and each room had a separate air conditioner temperature control, and we often had to turn the A/C off at night as the rooms were too cold.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Room Temerature

> the A/C system at Raffles can make rooms pretty chilly

Thank you for the feedback on Raffles. That's the sort of thing we're looking for.