We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to stay in Singapore

Which Singapore hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Noosaville...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
place to stay in Singapore

My husband and i are travelling to Singapore in September and would like some help wth accomodation. We are purchasing sinapore stopover and there are 37 hotels listed. Has anyone stayed at any? Marion

North Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Rhodes
Level Contributor
5,409 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: place to stay in Singapore

Yes I've stayed at a few of them, basically the more you pay the ''better'', though that's subjective, the hotel is.

In other words pick an hotel that's within what you want to pay. There are none I wouldn't stay in, but I got my favourite, and it's NOT the most expensive either.

Edited: 18 April 2014, 06:11
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,453 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to stay in Singapore

Hello,

Which ones are you interested in? If you tell us which ones we can comment on their quality, location etc.

You can also read their reviews here on Tripadvisor. just type the hotel name into the search box at the top right of this page. it's listing will come up with reviews and photos taken by recent guests.

Also, September is an expensive time to come to Singapore. The Grand Prix Car race is on then and hotel prices skyrocket, or maybe you are coming to enjoy the race?

Noosaville...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to stay in Singapore

We are going just after the grand prix. Were looking at ibis on bencoolen, trader hotel, Park Hotel clarke quay. We just want something about a four star and handy position. We fly in on the 23rd . Thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
19,453 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to stay in Singapore

Hello again,

If you read their reviews you can get more of an idea of their atmosphere and facilities.

Ibis Bencoolen is a no-nonsense 3.5 star chain hotel. ikea-like room furnishings. Rooms are small but functional with vinyl flooring and small bathrooms with shower. Free wifi Internet, the hotel has a nice cafe/breakfast area near the check-in desks. Service is basic, but efficient. No swimming pool. There is a guest laundry room within the hotel with iron and ironing board. Bus stop out the front. taxis available from the back entrance in a small lane way. You can walk to Bugis MRT station in under 10 mins. Popular with tourists on short stopovers or business travellers on a budget.

Traders Hotel. Solid lower-4 star choice with small rooms. Nice pool area. Location at the end of Orchard Rd away from the main shopping belt. Connected to Tanglin Mall which has some nice shops, cafes and a little supermarket. there are a couple or bus stops near the hotel. you can walk around to The Botanic Gardens in 10-15mins. The hotel does provide a guest shuttle service to get you to the nearest MRT station - Orchard station.

Park Hotel Clarke Quay. I have never stayed there so can't tell you a lot. It's probably 10-15 mins walk to the nearest MRT station. Hotel has small rooms, but nice pool area.

Noosaville...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: place to stay in Singapore

Thank you so much for your information. It sounds like i need to look on the higher end of the scale. So for value for money and a bit of luxury , which ones would you suggest? We booked flights through singapore air and was going to puchuse a singapore stopover holiday with discount accomodation and entry to attractions. The only problem is there is limited hotels to pick from. Wondering if l shouldnt worry about it ?

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
12,796 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: place to stay in Singapore

I would push the boat out and go just one category higher (G) - Which gets you the Swissotel Stamford (City Hall/Marina area in a prime location) or Hilton/Mandarin Orchard if you prefer the Orchard Road area. The improvement in room size, location and luxury far out way the small premium IMHO.

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: place to stay in Singapore

<<Park Hotel clarke quay>>

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g294265-d123…

Noosaville...
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: place to stay in Singapore

Thank you guys for our help

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore
Level Contributor
49,535 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: place to stay in Singapore

always welcome....

10. Re: place to stay in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:16