We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family Stopover

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
286 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Family Stopover

Hi, my family of 2 adults and 2 children aged 11 and 17 are stopping over in Singapore on our way to Hong Kong can anyone suggest accommodation for us. We contacted Novotel as they have family rooms and it seems my 17yo is just over the limit and is counted as an adult and therefore we have to pay full price for 2 rooms. Everything else I've looked at seems to only have 3 to a room.

Singapore
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
9,282 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family Stopover

Hello tooti,

Try the Strand Hotel as they have family rooms that can take in up to 7 pax. You have to contact the hotel directly.

https://www.strandhotel.com.sg

And the YMCA @ One Orchard.

http://www.ymcaih.com.sg/rooms/family-deluxe

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,888 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family Stopover

I would probably opt for two standard rooms if i were you, your teenagers would LUV to be as independent as possible...LOL. So...what`s your budget/room/ night???? Please...

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
286 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family Stopover

I'm looking at around $400 total

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel
Level Contributor
21,661 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family Stopover

Hello,

This Traveller Article on family accommodation may offer you some other suggestions -

tripadvisor.com.au/Travel-g294262-c198410/Si…

Jakarta
Destination Expert
for Jakarta, Bandung, Singapore, Java
Level Contributor
53,888 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family Stopover

<<I'm looking at around $400 total>>

check:

Holiday Inn Express ( Orchard and Clarke Quay)

Studio M

Parkhotel Clarke Quay

Penisula excelsior

Carlton

Naumi Liora

Australind...
Level Contributor
20 posts
483 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family Stopover

We stayed at the Carlton with our son and had interconnecting rooms. It was a great location, walking distance to Clarke Quay, Flyer, Gardens by the Bay, Orchard Road, and a block to Bras Basah station. He liked having his own room and his own bathroom. Singapore isn't cheap but you can probably get 2 rooms there for about $400. Also Raffles City shopping centre across the street with supermarket and food court.

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,661 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family Stopover

Just a note about The Carlton Hotel. I read that as from 1st July, 2014 until end February, 2015 the original Main Wing and the Executive tower of the Carlton Hotel on Bras Basah Road will be closed for major renovations. Their more expensive Premier rooms and Premier Club Lounge in the newer Premier Wing will still be operational.

Burleigh Heads...
Level Contributor
286 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Family Stopover

Thank you for your help

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
21,661 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Family Stopover

No worries. Glad to help. I hope you find a hotel that suits. Enjoy your trip to Singapore.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
970 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Family Stopover

Hi tootii, we have stayed at the Parkroyal Beach road with interconnecting rooms (2 adults 2 Children). The hotel is a ten minutes walk to both Bugis MRT and Nicoll Hwy MRT. Arab St and Kampong Glam across the road from the hotel. We got a reasonable price on Expedia ..approx $300 per night for both rooms, although prices may differ on different times of the year.